• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I just threw up in my mouth a little

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulkSmash

Now ... I really don't know if i'm missing it ... did esigns.com have a bad rep or something ... cause i'm not finding anything about it.

not really. He was just selling stuff to the public @ wholesale prices...which is fine, but some people didn't like it so they just stayed with their wholesale venders who only sold to them wholesale, and not to the general public. He seemed like a nice guy?

jkdbjj

WOW! The warhol wrap is AWESOME... VN

Glad to hear the cars not a 65... That's the money year for the GTO's Sorry.. not a Pontiac guy..

It's disappointing to me that even the GTO triangular badges have the 6.5L gto scraped and some generic Fellers stuff added.. Sorry but I just don't like it.. It is a fine piece of American history defaced...
It's kind of like Cilantro or Olives, some absolutely like it, and other absolutely hate it. More haters it seems so far on 101 :D

TheSnowman

Al I know is...I saw that snake skin wrap at the Fellers Wrap school, and it was pretty sweet. Yea, it's a little goofy, but the inside all matched the outside, and it was well done.

petepaz

i wonder if i could get a partime job at one of his NJ locations. ( i want to try and get my pic in his catalog...all the cool people are doing it)

GypsyGraphics

the car itself is cool, and he may be a cool guy (i dunno)
but, i'm trying to decide...
which is less attractive, a snake skin wrap or a massive ego?
-
-
-
-
i'm gonna go with... massive ego!

iSign

a large business like esigns.com or incy.com is not a person, it's a business...

and while there may be a "person" posting here at S101, that person is not the business... just today's representative, at least in this forum...

but being around this and other forums long enough... a person who steps up to join the banter (like Addie for example) will be more respected in the end, then one who plays deaf and dumb and doesn't engage on the man to man level...

I give incy credit for calling out the dog pack mentality around here... sure.. I've joined the pack... even led the pack a time or two... and maybe will be ravaged by the pack someday too... but the fact remains that dog pack mentality is not good for this site, and for our own reputations... it happen, I'm not innocent.... but it's still weak and childish and I respect the first guy (in this thread) to point it out...

and it's not surprising that one of the dog pack leaders tried to leave more s#!t to step in... instead of realizing incy has a point... so incy engages in this unprofessional banter... and others think that will hurt their business? really? what do you want, some faceless entity that can be shat on with a smile? ..naahhh, I'l take a real human being over that any day, and getting called out into a s#!t dishing fest... hell, dish a little back, & then go sell another s#!tload of signs across the country, while also helping support Signs101, so all the people like ProWraps (who doesn't even kick in the $50 a year to subscribe) can have a place to stir s#!t...

by the way, I don't think Addie gets al that much credit for sluething nameservers... this fact was pointed out 2 or 3 weeks ago in the i cy.com thread

Locals Find!

Hey Guys Isign is right as much as I like the accolades. I don't deserve them. I hadn't read the other threads before today but, all I did was whois search the name incy.com and pull up the name servers.

Still I don't think getting in a pissing match with members is the right business practice for a wholesale merchant. That could have been handled better. I know that for a fact as I have handled myself wrong more than once on here.

I won't be using them because as a member they never got back to me on more than a few quote requests I sent them as Esigns.com. I had to call more than once and still never got my quote. I don't expect customer service to improve after this latest interaction with the group either.

sar bossier

I stand by what I said - bad business to insult potential customers (S101 members), period. I have seen MANY of you state opinions without resorting to insults.

iSign

I stand by what I said - bad business to insult potential customers (S101 members), period. I have seen MANY of you state opinions without resorting to insults.

insults?
potential customerS?

are we talking about the same guy.. same thread?
Clearly incy took the bait with ONE member,
and simply stood up to some unprovoked trash talking...
even if that amounts to 'insults" to you... where does the plural in potential customerS come from???

sometimes bashing Frank seems funny to me... because in the ego department Frank is not above reproach by any means... BUT, I don't know the man...

our incy.com rep says he does know the man, and therefore being a man himself, instead of a cheap belly crawling keyboard commando... he stood up and defended his friend... if I wasn't too busy to check in here much, I easily could have jumped on the bandwagon and been dissing frank myself when Incy called it like he saw it...

...but would i then go after Incy.com with both barrels because I didn't like a light being shown on my own shallow imperfect underbelly? No, I think I know myself well enough to know I can handle being an a&& just as much as I can handle having that fact pointed out without having to be a bigger a$$ to avoid ever admitting doing wrong...

...ironically, I know Incy.com, and I am doing for him what he did for frank... I'm calling out the weakas$$ behavior I see & simply stating that I am just as guilty as anyone for mob mentality or passing judgement... but i'm also unafraid to admit that it is shallow, unfair at times, and certainly subject to less than glowing praise... deal with it guys... ya wanna throw stones, don't balk at being called out as character assassins

EnergyDesign

Just want to say that I have ordered a few things from esigns.com and was indeed given true wholesale prices (less than whats advertised to the gen public). I dealt with a guy that's no longer there named Dan. He was always very helpful, prompt and very courteous. I dont know much about all of the stuff being discussed here, but I did want to make sure you all know that the guy I dealt with shouldn't be lumped in with poor/shady business practices. Thanks Guys!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys Isign is right as much as I like the accolades. I don't deserve them. I hadn't read the other threads before today but, all I did was whois search the name incy.com and pull up the name servers.

Still I don't think getting in a pissing match with members is the right business practice for a wholesale merchant. That could have been handled better. I know that for a fact as I have handled myself wrong more than once on here.

I

But you were still gonna take them til you got found out. :banghead:

As for your remark in your post #55..... where was I heading. Why must everything be spelled out for you ?? Are you just that thick ??

I was referring to me personally.

• How many phone calls did you make to my shop ??
  • How many e-mails did you send to me inquiring prices, not once or twice but many times over the last year ??
  • How many times did you deny it was you ??
  • How many worms do you know ??
  • How many people are writing things behind your back on your computer while you were out of the office ??
  • How many times have you been caught and you just sidestep and go on your merry way ??

Then you have the audacity to say you won't be party to a certain group when you have in my opinion... no room.... to make false accusations or stoopid endorsements.

I'm having trouble just saying your name, but why do you have this problem of always starting crap when you could just as easily be looking in a mirror ??

Addie, you're making it very hard for me to keep my promise to a certain few people around here... let alone my New Year's Resolution to not be hard on you, but you are so always wrong with your stoopidity.

First you take all the credit, until you're caught, then you deny it. Which is it ?? Why do you always let people start to think something nice about you, then have to back-pedal because you have/had a hidden agenda ?? Why is it you get almost every thread closed you're heavily involved in ?? First you take them far off track by pirating the thread and getting everyone so ticked off that everyone loses sight of the actual content. Ahhh, it's no sense going on, you'll just make something else up and play stoopid.

Have a good evening and please think before you enter the threads, if you're not here to help. Use your head... it's the little things that count.

HulkSmash

so all the people like ProWraps (who doesn't even kick in the $50 a year to subscribe) can have a place to stir s#!t...

I'm not defending prowraps, but as much as he kids, and jokes around.. and lightens things up around here... he is one of the most helpful members I've come across, and doesn't every ask for anything in return. I don't think 50 bucks should warrant someones status...especially if they're beyond helpful.

ProWraps

hey what happened i dont see where isign posted that. did he delete it?

actually if you must know my subscription just ran out. ive been paying to be a premium member for years. im just you know, "to busy with work" and trying to get out of here to go on vacation to have re-upped.

i find it hillarious though you doubt my monitary contribution to this site and its members.

i remember not too long ago when someone was in failing health on this site i donated $500. does that help isign? does that give me a place to stir sh*t now?

you must have donated thousands over the years cause your idiotic trash talk has been going on forever.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
potential customerS?

If he is one, I'm another. I didn't even know he was part of the esigns.com stuff let alone it had a bad rap for either ... so now that I know, I wouldn't be ordering from him ... even though the esigns.com prices are pretty decent ... at least if I was in a pinch and needed a printer to get me some banners.

Plural.

hey what happened i dont see where isign posted that. did he delete it?

Post #75.

HulkSmash

If he is one, I'm another. I didn't even know he was part of the esigns.com stuff let alone it had a bad rap for either ... so now that I know, I wouldn't be ordering from him ... even though the esigns.com prices are pretty decent ... at least if I was in a pinch and needed a printer to get me some banners.

Plural.

Well put.

iSign

I'm not defending prowraps, but as much as he kids, and jokes around.. and lightens things up around here... he is one of the most helpful members I've come across, and doesn't every ask for anything in return. I don't think 50 bucks should warrant someones status...especially if they're beyond helpful.

I've been saying it for almost 15 years, going back before there was a signs101... and I'll say it again...

The BEST value of a good discussion forum, is the members who share their knowledge, (and dare I say it, their entertainment contributions as well)..

...and any forum that doesn't require a subscription fee, should not condone peer pressure or unsolicited judgements of those not subscribing, based on that decision alone... BECAUSE the quality & quantity of valuable posts from someone who may not be a current subscriber, could become the source of value for MANY of the members who do hold current subscriptions....

...I am the first to acknowledge that the term "contributing member" should apply to anyone who shares their knowledge of the trade, and quite often amounts to far greater value then fifty measly dollars a year.. and while this was written first as a general comment, I will add that Chris or ProWraps absolutely fits into this form of contributor... who brings far more than $50 value to this site each year... or several times a year...

..and after saying that, I will point out that nothing I said today was contrary to this view anyway... but for the record I wanted to spell out the views shown above... before defending the misunderstanding regarding what I DID mean to say...

While quality information is required to make this place great.. (and entertaining content too) ... MONEY is required too...

...and I've been close enough to the operations aspect of this site long enough to know, what anyone who reads those topics would also know, that money from "contributing members" is NOT enough to keep this place available to us...

...so no matter how many of us pay fifty bucks, and/or throw down the most consistent and valuable commentary of use to this site's subscribers, THE SITE WOULD CEASE TO EXIST WITHOUT FUNDING FROM MERCHANTS!

...so, if you read what I wrote, I simple defended the Merchant for engaging in the mudslinging, while at the same time pointing out a somewhat obvious (yet often overlooked) fact that he IS supporting the financial demands of this site, while some of us, at some times or other, may NOT be... and cry foul if you want, but the fact I was pointing out, helped me make my point... and was in fact... a FACT.

actually...

...if you must know...

...just ran out...

..been paying...

...to busy...

...trying to get out...

whatever dude :rock-n-roll:

...when someone was in failing health on this site i donated $500. does that help isign? does that give me a place to stir sh*t now?

yeah, that's the most lame Phuqin' s#!t yet

...see my comments to Colorado above, you already had my appreciation for you're contributions here, you know you don't need my goddammed approval... but don't embarrass yourself using good deeds to justify your less altruistic moments in the spotlight...

you must have donated thousands over the years cause your idiotic trash talk has been going on forever

If my time is worth anywhere near where I choose to value it, yer damn right I've contributed thousands to this site... and my trash talking has ABSOLUTELY been going on forever... but I beg to differ... I happen to think my trash talking is of a rather intelligent nature, unlike some of the really idiotic crap around here...

If he is one, I'm another. I didn't even know he was part of the esigns.com...

... so now that I know, I wouldn't be ordering from him...

Plural.

plural it is then...

...but Sar said he was "insulting potential customerS" and although you may choose to feel insulted because someone steps up to Chris's challenges, and takes issue with that... was incy then insulting you too really?

...you don't have to answer that... just playing a little with semantics...

...as far as the other part of your quote... a few S101 comments that you think you understand & you are ready to swear off doing business with one, or even two vendors... even though you see potential value for your business in dealing with them "in a pinch"?

..sure, I get it.. "On Principal" as they say... principals based on your best ability to interpret a few comments here, and the hope that they are accurate...

..funny story, and the reason I am replying to this comment...

I just learned something tonight... the position I was taking , to defend Incy.com, was partly because I've always enjoyed playing devils advocate, AND because I do know how troublesome it can be for Fred when this sandbox goes postal & rages on a merchant member who is helping support the sandbox...

..but I was also "defending" someone I thought I knew... and I learned an hour ago that someone else entirely was behind today's incy posts, and for the record, even the esigns.com identity may be in a state of flux.. so be wary of a rush to judgement on who you do business if you don't really know who you are judging & when that may change from time to time!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.