• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

I will be unavailable from.....

Air Art Girl

I'd love to get certified and dive but I'll have the old lady who doesn't want to get her hair wet.

You are so bad, I'm gonna tell Heather you said that!!!

Have a great time. You two love your cruises.
I think you secretly like them so you can get cleaned up and dressed up for your alter ego. I've seen the pics!

Jillbeans

I have always wanted to see some Mayan ruins.
I would definitely try to check those out.
Scuba diving, not so much.
And Si, there are cobwebs on my playpen.
:D
I am mainly bummed that I have to miss the World of Wheels!
Big Al, make sure you pack the sunscreen and Pepto!
Have an umbrella drink for me.

300mphGraphics

Blue Hole diving is a bit too advanced for new divers. Try snorkeling Shark-Ray Alley out near Ambergis Caye. Docile nurse sharks and rays to pet and feed. Wife could sit a few feet away in the boat and watch. Great stuff.

Border

Blue Hole diving is a bit too advanced for new divers. Try snorkeling Shark-Ray Alley out near Ambergis Caye. Docile nurse sharks and rays to pet and feed. Wife could sit a few feet away in the boat and watch. Great stuff.

Correct! I did the Blue Hole....Rapid decent, about 7 minutes bottom time at 130 ft and then start ascending with 3 stops along the way. Bam~! air tank all used up! was surrounded by reef sharks down there, at least a dozen. That was a cool dive, but the atolls nearby were far superior for all the varieties of creatures and colors. The dive site that most impressed me there was called "The Aquarium". Wow! talk about crystal clear water. I wanna go back now!!!!!

Sorry, slightly off topic there but great memories from Belize!

For the lady, you two could leave from San Pedro on the old steamer called the Winnie Estelle and do a day trip out to Caye Caulker. Lots of wine and fresh fruit & chees on the cruise and a great dinner on the island, then cruise back to San Pedro at sunset and under the stars. Absolutely relaxing!

Attachments

• Photo~134.jpg
    Photo~134.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Photo~133.jpg
    Photo~133.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Photo~135.jpg
    Photo~135.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 83
  • Photo~136.jpg
    Photo~136.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 80
  • Photo~137.jpg
    Photo~137.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 81

Graphics2u

Man, I'm Jealous! We cruised the last two years in January. But gonna have to skip this year. It's wonderful getting on a plane in 10 degree weather and in a few hours being on a ship headed to the Caribbean. But then there is that awful flight home! Have a good time!

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Several years ago the wife and I took the kids to the Bahamas. I did something there you might consider. Got a local phone book and looked up sign shops. Me and my two boys got directions and took several buses to the other side of the island, and with help from real locals (we were miles from the resorts) found the shop I was looking for. We went in for a visit and while there I ended up spending four hours hand lettering four 4x8's for them. The pay was decent for vacation work too. They were beer advertisements that were going to a hotel. We had a great time with the real Bahamian people. My oldest son got sweet on a long, tall Bahamian girl who was there. By the time we were ready to leave, the buses had stopped running. We piled into the bed of the shop owners pickup, along with 3 of his employees and the aforementioned Bahamian princess, and got dropped off at the door of our resort. I got a standing invitation to return anytime to a paying job there for however long I wanted to work. Never could get the wife to kick me out though so I could go back and paint signs in the islands. BTW... this was long after the advent of vinyl. They had a plotter there but didn't like to use it - my kind of people.