• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

iGenius: How Steve Jobs Changed the World

GypsyGraphics

is on the Discovery Channel Sunday night (10-16-11)
5pm & 10pm Pacific / 8pm & 1am Eastern

Should be very interesting, even for you bad apples. :tongue:

Last edited:

njshorts

GypsyGraphics said:
is on the Discovery Channel Sunday night (10-16-11)
5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern

Should be very interesting, even for you bad apples. :tongue:

Thanks for the heads up, going to have to see it!

"Deposit Please"

It will be interesting to see how one can turn a business working from a garage into the most successful corporation.....and how he changed the world His light will shine tonight. I am watching it tonight. thanks for the heads-up gg.

Last edited:

GypsyGraphics

"I never really appreciated how imbedded I was until I stepped out of it."

Some food for thought.

nice try... give up every piece of technology you own and get back to me.

ooooh, but how will you pull that off without access to the internet, what with no computer, mobile phone or tablet.

i know, you could video tape a documentary and i'll watch it on tv or in my DVD player. crap, that's not gonna work either.

tell ya what mikey... just take pencil to paper, doodle down your thoughts and i'll pops by to see you, in whatever Amish settlement you've moved to, and you can enlighten me then.

i'll be waiting with baited breath.... for something other than hot air.

Last edited:

SignManiac

I started with pencil, paint and brush before most of you ever heard of a maul stick. I sure as hell don't want to go back. Bring on the technology...

njshorts

Watching it now, thanks to the heads up...

Kinda interesting to watch, especially seeing how much influence apple's products have.

I as a mac hater until 3 years ago when a macbook pro was slapped on my desk and i was told i'd be losing my IBM thinkpad tablet. Now, i've gotten rid of my windows server farm (4-5 boxes) and own a 13" uMBP, iPhone 4s, Apple TV, G5 tower, G4 tower running linux, many ipods and a couple linux servers... Only windows machine I use is one I built with Win7 Pro at the shop, which is getting replaced by a Mac Pro shortly. Once I started using em, knew I wouldn't go back.

Mosh

I still have my maul...not used it in about 5 years. The guy i started with made them from "bouncy balls"

binki

let's see, he made money be stealing phone service and then stole the apple ui from xerox parc and currently apple photo-shopped a competitor phone, changing the size, to claim it was copied from apple.

yeah, someone to look up to.

GypsyGraphics

so sorry Rick, i even double checked the times yesterday.
we recorded the 5pm show and to watch later.

i was a little disappointed, they didn't really delve deep enough into anything.
but only being an hour long, about all they could do was brush on the highlights.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I stayed up for it, the show was weak. You're right, it was a highlight reel.