• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Imitation Gold and Krylon...........................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure how many of you remember the color 'Imitation Gold', but it was a standard color for years in the paint world.

It looks a lot like a mustard color, kinda dark yellow, but to be more exact... Century 21's gold PMS 124

We're quoting out a request for Century 21 and they want something quickly painted in their color and Krylon rattle cans would be the most cost effective way to do this little project.

I've googled the Krylon color charts and they are so far off, I can't tell what's what.

So, does anybody know if Krylon sells a rattle can somewhat close to that color ??

Otherwise, we have to use another method which is senseless on this job.

Attachments

• goldburst.jpg
    goldburst.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 101

Marlene

get the paint matched at a sherwin williams and they put it in one of those make your own spray can kits they sell if you don't want to roll it on

fmg

Buntlack make an immitation gold spray.Not sure where you can get that over here in the good ol USA.Try Lees art shop NYC they may stock it.
We used it to bomb trains in London.

rjssigns

Go to your local auto paint store and have them mix and fill a spray bomb for you. My guy does it for about 10 bucks.

Jillbeans

Buy a pint (or whatever size) of imi gold Ronan lettering enamel (or 1Shot if you want it to fade) and roll it on.
Love....Jill

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Main reason for a rattle can is that they'll have to be done in a day or two's time. Krylon will dry in 30 minutes or so until I can flip them and get the other side painted. Regular paints will take a few hours to dry, let alone flipping them the same day.... plus I'm not so sure how well 1Shot or Ronan will stick to Cor-X. Krylon will give me few months to a year. The signs will only be up for a few weeks and then they're kaput.

Otherwise, as I mentioned, we'll probably have to use vinyl which will take a lot longer cause of all the cutting involved.

:thankyou:

Ken Sankey

Here is a company in my back yard that packs paint into spray cans with the one shot paint chart matched to aerosol sprays. I've purchased from them in the past great people to work with. If you still get Signcraft they have an add in the index. Best of luck.

www.apstowerpaint.com

CP Signs

Buddy of mine has a body shop and takes courses from time to time. Turns out, Krylon is a money making thing. Overpriced for nothing. Every ingredient in Krylon is also found in Tremclad. Tremclad will adhere to plastic as good as Krylon. And Tremclad has imitation gold.