• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In honor of a great man! My Grandpa

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks guys, we had a huge party set up and then he had a massive anureism in his stomach and his only option to live was to have immediate surgery and the doctors had never operated on a man that age but he made it through the surgery but two weeks went by and he got kidney failure. I was able to see him the night before he passed and he told me it wouldnt be long now till he went on to bigger things. He knew excactly what was going on and it was really sad to see but he lived a very full life.

GypsyGraphics

he sounds like a wonderful man Josh... and someone who made the best of his many years. i hope the joy he brought to your life overshadows the sadness of missing him.

xoxo -gg

Rodi

Sorry for your loss, but how much did you gain from him? Sounds like a lot, and that is cool!!

Jillbeans

What a cool-sounding guy, how proud you must be to have had him for a pap.
I lost my aunt StaDort today (Stella Dorothy) she was 90.
Aren't we lucky to have known such great people?
Love....Jill

Marlene

All of his adult life was centered on healthy living with LOTS of vitamins! He took pride in the fruits and vegetables grown in his garden and getting his grandchildren to eat healthy without them even knowing it. One of Henry's biggest peeves was seeing young kids drink soda and eat fast food. Henry was an advocate of positive thinking, productive living, and not letting the little things in life get to him. He loved traveling, playing poker machines, hunting, camping, gardening, and story telling - especially those war stories! Many times Henry would be unable to finish a story without laughing before reaching the end of it

just this little part really painted a good picture of him for all who knew him and those, like us, who never got the chance to meet him. he sounded like a great guy. you and your family must be so much richer for having him in your lives and I am sorry for your loss.

hightop

To Bigfish and Jillbeans, I am so sorry that you have both lost beloved family members. It is so difficult to go through. They both sound like wonderful people.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sorry to hear of your loses to both of you. When you get up around that age, it's just so much fun, listening to their stories. May he, and your aunt, Jill, rest in peace.

TresL

My prayers are with both of you.

Today is also my DAD's New Birthday.
He passaway 1 year ago today.

Tim Aucoin

Very sorry to hear about your losses Josh & Jill. I truly warms my heart though to hear when people have lived such long and wonderful lives. I find that the people who make the greatest difference in our lives tend to live the longest. When God has a plan for us, He keeps us around as long as He needs us! 90 and 100.... WOW! Those are lives worth celebrating! :smile:

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Thanks again everyone for your kind words! Sorry to hear about your loss also Jill, its great they were able to have lived for so long and experience so much.

Mike F

Sorry for your loss BigFish, you too Jill. Wish I had spent more time with my grandfather before he died of stomach cancer about 10 years ago, I was too young and stupid to realize how much I'd miss him though.

eye4color

Sorry to hear about this BigFish. How lucky to have had him in your life for so long. I lost all mine early on. I recently found the speeding ticket my grandpa wrote me in 1976. I was written up for excessive speeding in the garage while "piloting" a properly finned '60 T-bird. Brought a smile to my face and some mist to my eye. You'll have a part of your Grandpa with you always and we are all lucky to have known that generation of Americans.