• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In the midst of all the newbie layouts . . .

Replicator

I decided to post some work our 15 year old designed for his gaming community.

He's frikken' better at Photoshop then I am, the little bastard . . .

Kids damn good for being 15 . . . He has a natural talent and an eye for design.

Talk about being a newbie thats just got it . . . !

Attachments

• Sig_pT torch.jpg
    Sig_pT torch.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 144
  • Sig_torch-defense.jpg
    Sig_torch-defense.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 107
  • Team pT reppin 425.jpg
    Team pT reppin 425.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Team pT Demize.png
    Team pT Demize.png
    73.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Team X-rated.jpg
    Team X-rated.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 104

Air Art Girl

That's my boy!! He is taking a digital imaging class (that's what they call it) next semester in high school but I think it might start below his level and hopefully he won't get bored with the class. They mainly use PhotoShop and from what I have seen from the teacher, my son might be more advanced then the teacher.

tanneji

Hey is he free to teach? I know some folks around here (meaning Arkansas) that could use a lesson in smart PS usage. Great job!!! He's a credit to you too to let him grow in a talent and give him the tools to do so. He'll hit the ground running with a design job whenever he gets out there. I might look to that site for some fellow xbox live addicts haha

Rodi

Have a nice talk with him, tell him, he does indeed have talent, but that he should go to school for something else. If that fails, break his fingers.

SignManiac

Well he no doubt has a typical teenager style to his work, and in his case it does work. He really does have a great eye for design, and from the looks of it, huge potential down the road. I'm sure as he gets older he could easily adapt his work to a corporate environment.

The kid is good! Keep on encouraging him.

Last edited:

signgal

ah, I remember being young and talented... Daddy said, keep practicing cuz the older you get the harder it will be. I didn't listen, hope he does because that's a disgusting amount of talent to let wither away... just beautiful! (forwarded the site to my teenagers lol)

Air Art Girl

ah, I remember being young and talented... Daddy said, keep practicing cuz the older you get the harder it will be. I didn't listen, hope he does because that's a disgusting amount of talent to let wither away... just beautiful! (forwarded the site to my teenagers lol)

I have had him doing school reports and projects in Corel for years. He now likes PS better. It sure made his school projects look nice neat and organized.

He is one of the sponsored players from pure talent so if your teenager is a huge xbox player I guess that is the site to go to.

I've been trying to get him to design some tshirts but he hasn't done any yet. He said he wants to start doing some grunt work in the shop because he needs money, lol, we will see if he will actually work.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rep, I can see you being replaced in about two weeks. You better find something you can do that he either can't or doesn't want to do or you'll be out looking for a new job.

There is some dynamite raw talent going on there. In fact, there is some stuff there that could go up against any designer in this place.

Hold on to him..... he's a 'keeper'. Something to really be proud of Air Art

Patrick46

I have the same thing going on with my son. He just graduated this past spring, and is now 19.
He's always hung around my shop, since it's only 2 blocks from the house, and he's gotten to know my customers and has helped me out many many times on jobs throught the years. He's extremely polite (his mother's influence), and has a very wacky sence of humor (guess that could be from me :rolleyes: ).
At 14, he started playing around with my pinstriping brushes, and in no tyme showed what a natural talent he has. By the time he turned 16, he was already a better pinstriper than me! I lay out most of my designs ahead of time...but not him! He puts down his center line and just goes for it!!! He recently got himself a Kafka scroll brush, and now he's learning how to do something that I still am not very good at...scrollwork. He's been watching the videos, and practicing like crazy!
I always turn to him whenever I have a problem with my computer...and as I just bought myself an Edge machine last week...guess where he is??? He's been helping to install and get this thing up & running fer me!
He's a wonderful young man. He's got the greatest personality I've ever seen. Now he's thinking of going to engineering school next year. I know he'd rock at it, but frankly...I don't want him to go! I'd love to have him as a partner in the business...but I gotta let him find his own way I guess.

Good luck with your son there Replicator. He certaintly has the eye for design, and I'm sure will only get better & better.

signgal

He said he wants to start doing some grunt work in the shop because he needs money, lol, we will see if he will actually work.

Yeah, good luck with that! LOL my boys are interested in the money part and playing around on the computer but little of the actual "grunt work" part... :ROFLMAO:

HaroldDesign

Wow! Very cool - real talent! Around that same age I was doing jobs, but not yet on computers. Lots of paint, pen & acetate. I ended up creating an entirely new art honors program in high school, but did not immediately pursue college. Too many people spent far too much time letting me know how I had talent, but would never amount to anything as a person or professional without a degree. ...Don't take the fun out of it for him in the future, even though you may be doing so in what you believe to be in his best interest.

Flame

Not gonna lie Rep, I think that kid is gonna whoop your butt soon. lol.

Not bad, and he can't even drive yet? Bravo!

Replicator

Here are more designs he's done recently . . . I'm hoping he does pursue this as a career path, and quits actually playing the games !

Attachments

• Sig_cuddiiii2.gif
    Sig_cuddiiii2.gif
    49.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Sig_rage.jpg
    Sig_rage.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 117
  • team pT distortion.png
    team pT distortion.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Team pT lethal injection2 red.jpg
    Team pT lethal injection2 red.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 87
  • Team pT Playboyz.jpg
    Team pT Playboyz.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 84
  • Team pT Red Lined.jpg
    Team pT Red Lined.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 90
  • Team pT Red Lined2.jpg
    Team pT Red Lined2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Team Xcellence.jpg
    Team Xcellence.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 87

Joe Diaz

Pretty darn good for any age. It seems like he has a good eye for this stuff. As he grows up, I'm guessing he will start to have an even better understanding on why some designs work and some don't. I know everyone is different, but I remember being that age and knowing what looks good and what doesn't, but I didn't fully understand why. I still don't fully understand it, and I doubt anyone does. But it's a constant learning experience. As he starts learning all of the little ins and outs and the loose set of rules that go along with designing you will notice that his quality of work will jump to the next level.

I think your 15 year old will have a bright future in this industry if he decides to pursue it. You need to make sure that you continue to teach him what you have obvious been teaching, but yet also give him the space he needs to grow into his own style and learn a few things on his own. It seems like you are.:thumb: My parents did this with me and I feel like it helped for me.