• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

In the midst of all the newbie layouts . . .

Air Art Girl

I think your 15 year old will have a bright future in this industry if he decides to pursue it. You need to make sure that you continue to teach him what you have obvious been teaching, but yet also give him the space he needs to grow into his own style and learn a few things on his own. It seems like you are.:thumb: My parents did this with me and I feel like it helped for me.

Here's the thing Joe, we just put the tools in front of him and this is all his own style and learning. I taught him some things in Corel but the PS is just him getting in there and playing.

I am very proud of him. Not only is he excelling here but he is also an above average student and a great athlete. He's an awesome catcher in baseball and love to watch him do that too on his select team. I'm trying to convince him to do a program the school offers here called "Running Start." It's where the kids actually go to the local Community College their junior and senior years for some of their classes and can graduate high school with their AA degree and all that pre-requisite stuff out of the way. It's one of the only ways I will be able to afford college for him. We will see if we can get him set up for it for next year, his junior year.

Air Art Girl

Here is one of my favorites he did when he was 10 or 11 at school. It was a self portrait in watercolors. The lesson was about light and shadow and they painted from a photograph of themself. NO....he's not smoking, he had a sucker in his mouth for the picture.

Attachments

• tony_self.jpg
    tony_self.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 107

Air Art Girl

Was that copied from a photograph or from a mirror ??

Either way... it's good.

It was from a photo they took in school just for the project. His was one of the only ones that actually looked like a real person.

The teacher put out an art show in one of the local restaurants every year.
She really tries to pick outstanding things. She said he was the only one that had more then one piece and actually had 3 in the show.

I'm overwhelmed with pride from all your comments, thank you all:loveya:

HeavyHitter

Here is one of my favorites he did when he was 10 or 11 at school. It was a self portrait in watercolors. The lesson was about light and shadow and they painted from a photograph of themself. NO....he's not smoking, he had a sucker in his mouth for the picture.

Great job. I have to say the picture is very impressive. You should be proud.

Dan

GypsyGraphics

I decided to post some work our 15 year old designed for his gaming community.

Kids damn good for being 15 . . .

Oh sure he's good... if you like that sorta thing... and by that sort a thing I mean real talent!!

Really amazing work! I especially love the layout of the orange Xrated one, very professional looking!

This is just beautiful! I'd have known he had a sucker in his mouth even if you hadn't mentioned it. Look at where the stick sits...look how he distorted that side of his face where the sucker is tucked vertically in his cheek... probably could have talked with it there!

Most people don't draw that way... they draw how they think something should look, he drew what he saw... authentic!

Yep, the boy's got MAD SKILLS!!!!!

Last edited:

signage

AAG he does have some raw talant!

Now the real question, did you ever meet OP in you earlier days:help:omg2::ROFLMAO: OK just kidding he has talant does does just talk about having talant and not being able to spell!!!!!!!!heheheheheh))))))))):banghead:

jdb

Talent is a gift that He has been given, lots of practice invested will yield great results.
My Son is going to sign up on that site, He's very good at gaming.

SignManiac

I disagree about talent being given. You can't just hand somebody talent. It's a passion for doing something you enjoy, and it never seems like work. You're not even born with passion. It's a lot of hard work to develop a skill using techniques, tools, and knowledge over time.

I'd say he's found his passion!

Replicator

My Son is going to sign up on that site, He's very good at gaming.

I wish Tony hated gaming . . . It uses up so much of his life, but at least he's not out doing drugs !

I disagree about talent being given. You can't just hand somebody talent. It's a passion for doing something you enjoy, and it never seems like work. You're not even born with passion. It's a lot of hard work to develop a skill using techniques, tools, and knowledge over time.

I'd say he's found his passion!

We have taught him nothing in Photoshop . . . He figured it all out on his own.

It took me 9 years to get most of Photoshop down and now I use Corel to design almost everything :scream:

Keith Rae

It's not that you sit him down and teaching him, but that he is around quality work and listening in on discussions and seeing what is possible. It's amazing how much kids pickup when we don't even think there paying attention. You put the tools in his hands and by your examples that the outcomes are limitless, You can take a little bit of the credit. Tell him great work. Dose he have a page on www.DEVIANTART.com ? if not he should.