• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

INK Everywhere! What a mess! HELP!!!

Hey guys, so I got this Falcon outdoor. I got it printing but there were some iffy areas in the prints so I ran some heavy cleaning cycles on it. Then I ran out of ink ( I was using what was left of the previous owners ink) so I had to wait a few days till Fellers got my new ink carts delivered to me. The new ink came today, I went out into my shop (which I haven't been in for a few days) and the overflow bottle was full and there was ink all over the floor.
So my question is, what happened? How do I fix it?
I am afraid to just put the new inks in because I don't want them to just leak out all over the floor if there is something wrong.:banghead:
Please help!
Thanks

thewood

Not sure about that machine, but evidently you didn't run out of ink.

He probably ran out of 1 or more colors--not all of them.

I'm not familiar with the Mutoh capping station. Does it have sponges? If so, the sponges may have swollen to the point that they touched the printhead(s) and siphoned the ink out. Or the capping station may not be draining properly, causing a back-up of ink which siphoned the ink out.

I'm sure someone familiar with the Mutoh jump in here and help out. Sorry to hear that, though. Good luck, and keep us updated.

randya

pads in the caps swollen and touching the bottom of the head, wicking out your ink is the most probable cause.

Do a search, there should be lots of info about that here

I got an error message that said that I was out of Black ink.
So if the siphon station sponge is touching the print head it will send the ink out through the overflow?

OK so this might sound like a stupid question but...
Where can I buy new sponges for the capping station? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

The maintenance station for the FO 38 is about $125, and should be replaced semi-annually, per Mutoh's recommended maintenance schedule (yikes!). Cheaper (and way less messy) than replacing all ink carts however.

Bob

OK so let me get this straight, I cant just replace the pads on the capping station? I also need to buy spittoon pads and a new cutting blade for this thing. Anyone have any suggestions as far as a place to buy maintenance items for this printer?
After taking a close look at it, you guys must be right on with what the problem was. It siphoned out all 6 sets of ink on me. Thank god it wasn't all new. I would be drinking heavily right about now if that were the case...:beer:beer:beer

Jackpine

It sounds like the capping station needs replacing. The maintenance station is the whole unit, cap station, pump, wiper assemble and motor in one unit. The cap station is about $125 but the maintenance station when I bought one was $325 + shipping next day for a total of $350. That you have to go through a dealer and it will be drop shipped by Mutoh. Victor at www.cmykparts.com will do you right for parts. If you use a dealer, Gregory or Sign Warehouse have tech support that can help you. I am told that parts from Mutoh are a bit different than other sources and cost a little more. Good luck. m
OK so let me get this straight, I cant just replace the pads on the capping station? I also need to buy spittoon pads and a new cutting blade for this thing. Anyone have any suggestions as far as a place to buy maintenance items for this printer?
After taking a close look at it, you guys must be right on with what the problem was. It siphoned out all 6 sets of ink on me. Thank god it wasn't all new. I would be drinking heavily right about now if that were the case...:beer:beer:beer

MacDaddy

A MS cost between 350.00 and 400.00 dollars and is a part that should be replaced every 12-18 months depending a maintenace procedures and use... It is an investment in your business...