• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

It's official...NO Christmas cards this year.

Pat Whatley

Okay, I know it's petty but I'm still a little miffed about it. This is the first year ever that we haven't gotten a single card from any of our vendors, any of our wholesale accounts, or any of our customers.

Zero. None. Nada.

I know the economy is in the tank, and I know that business Christmas cards are practically thoughtless, but I also know that I notice who sends one and I keep them year to year. It's really easy to notice who sent one WHEN NOBODY DID. Sure, I know the extent of their obligation is to provide me good products for good prices with good service and they do that. I spent $40,000 with my biggest supplier...they didn't even bother to tell me they were going to be closed this week and next week.

Damn, a simple "Thank You, Merry Christmas!" card goes a long way and costs what? A buck? Maybe a buck-fifty? I'm not picky, I don't mind Wal-Mart cards. I'm not asking for calenders and fruit baskets. I'm asking for cardstock with snowmen and cheesy messages.

We sent out 115 cards here at the shop, I kind of assumed everyone else did the same.

Just for that I'm going home early. I've got little kids who appreciate me. :thumb:

Mosh

Not one from any of our suppliers this year. We used to get calenders, pads of paper, cards, pens, caps, all sorts of stuff. I did get a few cards from customers and even a bucket of popcorn from one.

pointjockey

We have received around 20 cards, have them hanging behind the front counter. Had a couple of local vendors drop off the dreaded "fruitcake" tins. These were quickly REGIFTED to a few pissy customers.

Techman

I got cards from a few,, i gave out about 110. This year we included some really nice hand made full bodied cards.

Bigdawg

Just Me
We got a couple... (thanks Brad :smile:) but we didn't send any out. Instead we have a "thank you for your past business" card going out in January to EVERY customer we did business with this year...

with as much cost-cutting that is going on I'm not surprised though...

gabagoo

We sent ours out last week and the list was cut down quite a bit. Gifts were scaled back too...thank God for Walmart!

We received fewer this year and most come from customers...I may have received 1 from a supplier so they will be on the A list for the upcoming year. Those that didn't send one will just have to wait longer to get paid hehehehe

OldPaint

what i miss this time of year..............ARE THE WINDOW SPLASH's.............on all the big car dealerships and food stores....
NADA NOTHING.............................
we got a few cards................from friends................bout it.

Border

I got one from N. Glantz.
Also got one from Cdiesel at AZ Pro Signs...Thanks Chris! The latest prints look fantastic as usual too! -got them yesterday.

I didn't send any cards out but did do a couple of specialty gifts for a few who were a real pleasure to work with.
Thinking about doing a new mailing at the beginning of the year like Bigdawg is.

anotherdog

I sent out about 220 to our main (the ones we hope to see back) customers. All we have back from OUR suppliers is E-Cards! That doesn't even count the baskets and bottles sent to the really good customers.

I have to have a little rant here about E-Cards. Its incredibly insincere, to cut and paste your email onto a big list and press send. I would rather not get E-cards, especially when some idiot adds something like a cute flash animation that screws up my outlook (just happened). Send a card through the mail you cheap @#$%.

Oooh I'm feeling that Christmas burn now!

jayhawksigns

We have received a few but not as many as past years. And I don't think that we send out cards, but we do send out a thank you gift so to speak, this year we sent kringles.

TheSnowman

We got several. We haven't really ever done them, but last year I did a few gifts for some of my main customers. We didn't really do anything this year. However, one of them that I did a clock for last year, brought me a huge fruit basket this year just to say thanks. They are my favorite customers too...so that was great.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Got lotsa cards from vendors, customers and friends alike. In fact, we receive far more then we send.

Anyway, here's one for ya, when I was just thinking about growing my beard before I really could. It's really not true that I was born with a beard.

mini santie.jpg
Merry Christmas Pat to you and your family. Enjoy !!

3dsignco

Well if you would have Placed a Larger Pencil order you would have received our limited edition Holiday Green and Red Golden Pencil but it was obvious you had to go with a Chinese Supplier for your Items. And they don't celebrate Christmas.. SO THERE.

Have a great Christmas anyways.
Billie Ali Baabaa.

Tim Aucoin

Got lotsa cards from vendors, customers and friends alike. In fact, we receive far more then we send.

Anyway, here's one for ya, when I was just thinking about growing my beard before I really could. It's really not true that I was born with a beard.Merry Christmas Pat to you and your family. Enjoy !!
:thumb: It's so true... a persons eyes NEVER change.