• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just wondering.....

Tim Aucoin

HP layoffs have us shaking in our boots here, so vacation plans are iffy these days. although, i'm not giving up hope of my trip to Savanna and Florida.

How about you and Wendy doing the snowbird thing and heading to Florida in late Oct/early Nov... my chance to finally meet some beloved s101er's there, like Stacy & Dan! or San Diego around December 8th... then you can meet up with Doug too! (if he's been located by then)

how about it???? any chance of either of those working for ya Tim?????

LOL... It'd be tough to do those this year! We are headed to Phoenix towards the end of October and again from December 25 to January 7th! But I'll never give up the hope of connecting some day soon! :smile:

SignManiac

HP layoffs have us shaking in our boots here, so vacation plans are iffy these days. although, i'm not giving up hope of my trip to Savanna and Florida.

How about you and Wendy doing the snowbird thing and heading to Florida in late Oct/early Nov... my chance to finally meet some beloved s101er's there, like Stacy & Dan! or San Diego around December 8th... then you can meet up with Doug too! (if he's been located by then)

how about it???? any chance of either of those working for ya Tim?????

If you by chance make it to Florida GiGi, try and swing by my way. My door will be open!

GypsyGraphics

If you by chance make it to Florida GiGi, try and swing by my way. My door will be open!

Mine too.

the plan is to drive from Savannah to Orlando... to see Teri and then drive to Stacy (near Tampa, i think) and fly home from Tampa. are either of you anywhere near Orlando or Tampa or anyplace in between? that would be sooo awesome if i could meet up with you guys too! Fred, you i can look up, but... Mars Bob? i don't think i'm allow to be that far from home.

GypsyGraphics

LOL... It'd be tough to do those this year! We are headed to Phoenix towards the end of October and again from December 25 to January 7th! But I'll never give up the hope of connecting some day soon! :smile:

Phoenix in January??? i might just be able to pull that off Tim!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
the plan is to drive from Savannah to Orlando... to see Teri and then drive to Stacy (near Tampa, i think) and fly home from Tampa. are either of you anywhere near Orlando or Tampa or anyplace in between? that would be sooo awesome if i could meet up with you guys too! Fred, you i can look up, but... Mars Bob? i don't think i'm allow to be that far from home.

I'm all the way down in Palm Beach County ... home of the hanging chad. But I'm willing to drive to an agreed upon meeting spot in Orlando, Tampa or Sarasota-Bradenton. Just name the spot and the time.

SignManiac

Twenty minutes from Tampa GiGi, Teri met me at my place two months ago so I'm not far at all or as Fred has suggested, perhaps plan to meet somewhere if timing permits.

GB2

Old Member
When you all say "they're on facebook", what does that mean? Is there a specific facebook place like a Signs101 page or do you mean people are using their own facebook pages somehow. Forgive me if this seems foolish I don't have a facebook page and I don't really know how it works. One other thing, I have heard that you can have a "business" facebook, is that what you people are using or just personal facebooks?

iSign

well, whaddaya know...
just by chance happened to be telling gg something I haven't even mentioned to Bob yet, but I'm making my first trek down into Mexico at the end of the month, for a get together in the Myan Riveria... and my current itinerary has me stopping in Orlando for a few days on the return a week later.

Why? ..because my son lives there, and because I've always wanted to meet Bob (aka Maniac) ...particularly if I could check out his shop too, and be inspired by the guy.

Bob has been a good guy to talk to about the challenges in this business, and I've needed that sort of inspiration a bit this last year... so I've been planning to check if he would be around & mentioned that fact tonight...

...well, she didn't want to tip me off to this thread, but knowing I was about to ask Bob if he would be around the 10th of November or so... well, it seemed relevant to point me here!

Suz

Hi Doug!!!! Glad to see your post. :)
Have fun on your travels & get back to more often posting, will you?

Tim Aucoin

Phoenix in January??? i might just be able to pull that off Tim!

That would be great if you could do the trek to Phoenix GG! Actually staying in Scottsdale, but close enough!! I've been waiting a long, long, long time for the promised hug you know!! :clapping:

When you all say "they're on facebook", what does that mean? Is there a specific facebook place like a Signs101 page or do you mean people are using their own facebook pages somehow. Forgive me if this seems foolish I don't have a facebook page and I don't really know how it works. One other thing, I have heard that you can have a "business" facebook, is that what you people are using or just personal facebooks?

I run both a business (actually 2 or 3) Facebook page AND a personal Facebook page. When I say "they're on Facebook", it means that I'm FRIENDS with a lot of S101 people on Facebook, thus I keep up with what is going on in their lives and they can see what I'm up to also! Some people find Facebook to be either very scary or a waste of time, or like you, they just don't understand it. Personally, I love it because I know how to control it and it doesn't (or shall I say I don't allow it to) eat up too much of my time. When you first start on Facebook, you can spend hours upon hours on it because it is so HUGE... but once you settle in and DISCIPLINE YOURSELF, it is just fine! That's my opinion for what it's worth! :smile:

iSign

Welcome to Signs 101 Doug!! :ROFLMAO::clapping:

hey.. where's the damn "like" button... you mean I have to write an actual acknowledgment if I don't want to be rude?

...oh, wait
I think I found it...-
-
-
-
:thumb:

SignManiac

Hell yeah Doug! I'll be around and it would be great to meet in person after knowing you so many years. I'll put the 10th on the calendar!

iSign

it's just like i told the cops...
iSign??? i dunno what happen to him... i never met the guy!

hat looks nice on ya gg... no blood stains, no sign of a struggle...
ya must have sweet talked your way into it before "encouraging" that long walk off a short pier into shark bait territory..

ahhh well, I still >10 ya! :loveya:

... and,
I WANNA MEET STACY AND TERI TOO!!
grouphug.gif