• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Critique please.

Marlene

it looks pretty good. the "g" behind kind of has an error in layer arrangment feel to it. I'd like to see it in front of not behind or in front

peavey123

How this version look?

Attachments

• burlingtonair3.jpg
    burlingtonair3.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 109

Marlene

I like it. the colors may look off as I'm seeing this on screen but the main tan color and the yellow in the ribbon seem to clash. the background seems to have more brownish undertones where ribbon seems more yellow undertones. can you make the ribbon color a darker shade of the background?

signgal

like the newest one much better..
only issue i see, is the negative space below the burlington and below the heat & air..
my eye goes straight there..
i would increase the ribbon and text with heat and air..
just my .02

I was feeling this too. Here's a suggestion. hope I can get it across right. Instead of a straight across (at a slant) ribbon, can you make it fold back on itself and have the "air conditioning" section flow into that negative space and free up more of the "g". I think the g is a nice visual element and negative space in a curve bothers me. :)

peavey123

I was feeling this too. Here's a suggestion. hope I can get it across right. Instead of a straight across (at a slant) ribbon, can you make it fold back on itself and have the "air conditioning" section flow into that negative space and free up more of the "g". I think the g is a nice visual element and negative space in a curve bothers me. :)

Is this what you meant Signgal?

Attachments

• burlingtonair4.jpg
    burlingtonair4.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 113

peavey123

Thank you all for the input! I dont' have anyone creative to bounce stuff off of in the office so having you S101'ers is great.

Dennis422

That "burst" in the back just bothers me a lot.
I thing that you should eliminate those thin "cuts" close to the outside edge. Either make it tighter not yo have those long thin cuts (Just "teeth" at the edge) or have it more noticeable and spread those "rays" a bit more.

Actually, I do not even know how to call that "thing" :)

signgal

I thing that you should eliminate those thin "cuts" close to the outside edge. Either make it tighter not yo have those long thin cuts (Just "teeth" at the edge) or have it more noticeable and spread those "rays" a bit more.

+1 I get what you're saying ;)

OK, I guess this means I gotta go work on mine...

Marlene

just to put it out there, I love these kinds of design threads as the OP posts a design that is good but just needs a few eyes on it as it is missing little thigns to make it great. the OP takes in the input, makes the changes in his own way in his own style and a design goes from OK to great. it not only makes the design better, I know it helps me hone my skills as I see the issues I can see plus the ones I might have missed that get pointed out by others. love this site

Joe Diaz

just to put it out there, I love these kinds of design threads as the OP posts a design that is good but just needs a few eyes on it as it is missing little thigns to make it great. the OP takes in the input, makes the changes in his own way in his own style and a design goes from OK to great. it not only makes the design better, I know it helps me hone my skills as I see the issues I can see plus the ones I might have missed that get pointed out by others. love this site

:goodpost:

peavey123

I'll give that a shot DK.

I enjoyed this thread too Marlene...and not just because of all the compliments I received from the ladies! ;) haha

Kidding aside I learned from the thread as well, which is a good feeling -to know that I improved, even if only slightly. As well as having input from some people who I've followed here over the years and really respect. :notworthy:Cheers.