• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Logo Theft........Its' everywhere......

iSign

hmmm, the topic title... the member name... was thinking deja vu :rolleyes:

(good to see you posting... haven't seen you here as much lately)

Idea Design

God that infuriates me to no end.

As though you're not gonna be found out. The US Senate, really???

Him and chilly willie or whateverthehell the other guy's name that just got prison time for selling bootleg superbowl t-shirts in Tampa could be cellies.

Graphics2u

If someone brought that to me and said they had created it, I would have had no idea that was a hockey team logo, never seen it before. Of course that could be because I've only watched about 10 minutes of hockey in the last 20 years.

I don't think it falls under the same category as "Chill Will" who is standing out side the Super Bowl stadium seeling Super Bowl knock offs.

binki

Note sure this is really TM infringement or if it really matters. He would need to create confusion as if he were being endorsed by the team which isn't the case. We can probably find copyright and TM infringement all over public owned and public officials web sites and other publications if we look hard enough. Also, political campaigns are full of lies anyway so why worry about a little TM stealing.:help

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Note sure this is really TM infringement or if it really matters. He would need to create confusion as if he were being endorsed by the team which isn't the case. We can probably find copyright and TM infringement all over public owned and public officials web sites and other publications if we look hard enough. Also, political campaigns are full of lies anyway so why worry about a little TM stealing.:help

it does matter. Being from Columbus I recognized it immediately. You cannot put a sports logo on your website or incorporate it as your own in marketing materials

The fault lies in the doofus designer. He likely knew what he was doing and did not realize that this artwork would be out there for so much of the public to see. Before the internet this would never have been made public.

Marlene

it all comes down to no talent hacks with computers. they buy equipment on Ebay and ta da, they are designers. what they don't have is the knowledge that goes along with that title.

SlightlyChilled

it all comes down to no talent hacks with computers. they buy equipment on Ebay and ta da, they are designers. what they don't have is the knowledge that goes along with that title.

Funny how some people here are the same way with computers and think they can build a web site. Marlene this is not a blast or flame at you. This is for all the people that sit on a soap box looking for new people to yell at.

Dice

What if the designer is not a hockey fan?

It's probably his grandmother that designed it.

gabagoo

There is a local paving company up here in Toronto and their name is ASHLAND Paving and I checked it out, and it is the identical font and logo of Ashland Chemical. Strangely enough they have been driving around with these logos on a fleet of Mac dump trucks for years with no retribution.

Mosh

I have loads of people come in with a "new logo" that uses this swish design. I think Bud Light was the first one I saw use it, I even see it on logos of people on here in some veriation...

G-Artist

Here's a funny.

Senator Hatch is a member of ASCAP, an outspoken advocate of strict copyright (search his name and "copyright"), is owned by IIPA and yet he, too, is a pirate.

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2003/06/59305

rjpjr

I have loads of people come in with a "new logo" that uses this swish design. I think Bud Light was the first one I saw use it, I even see it on logos of people on here in some veriation...

Hey Mosh... I first saw the swoosh effect used on the 1996 Indy 500 logo. It was one of my favorite logos the Speedway ever used. It was the next year or two after that the big swoosh explosion occurred.

Attachments

• 96indy.jpg
    96indy.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 60

binki

Here's a funny.

Senator Hatch is a member of ASCAP, an outspoken advocate of strict copyright (search his name and "copyright"), is owned by IIPA and yet he, too, is a pirate.

http://www.wired.com/politics/law/news/2003/06/59305

I like it. :wine-smi:

The Vector Doctor said:
it does matter. Being from Columbus I recognized it immediately. You cannot put a sports logo on your website or incorporate it as your own in marketing materials

Well he did try to make some changes. Political figures are pretty immune from laws as far as I can see.