• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

looking for a 100$ bill

russellcustoms

Isnt there a cd or some site where I can buy a vectorized/ cuttable 100 dollar bill file? I have a motorcycle that I am painting them on. Thanks, Ryan

Shovelhead

How much detail are you looking for?

:signs101:

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 202

SignManiac

why not scan a real one and then add a few minor filter effects to alter it just barely enough to not bother anyone. Besides if its on a bike I doubt most retailers would accept it as legal tender.

Shovelhead

By the way....

I scanned into Photoshop..........it's probably the scan software, but I got
an error message that scanning currency is a no-no....everything in Pshop
locked up....I couldn't do anything to the scanned image.....but I duplicated
the image and alter from there.....it was a Big Brotha moment.

Replicator

Ironically we were doing something for a cops daughter for school, it was a

vote for me thing, and we thought it would be cool to print money with her

picture on it . . . Scanner didn't think that was funny . . .
c:%5CProgram%20Files%5CScorpio%20Software%5CHandy%20Animated%20Emoticons%5CSmileys%5CMisc%5CComputers%5C2a3e21ee.gif

Shovelhead

serious.....

everything I clicked on in Pshop gave me that boing sound until
I right clicked and duplicated it.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 193

Pat Whatley

Our HP printer will do the same thing. We scanned a bill, changed the picture and tried to print it. It will print about 1/4 of the bill and then a line reading http://www.ustreas.gov/ then stop completely.

You could just avoind the trouble of painting all together. There is a car in town here that has two stripes covered in $100's. The paint guy photocopied them, stuck them down by coating them in clear, then buried the whole thing in layers of green tinted clear.

FatCat

Yup, I think since Version 7 P-shop has an automatic sensor program that can detect if you are trying to scan currency. I believe there is an optical watermark that scanners can detect and then it gives you a warning. Same thing holds true for recent color copiers etc.

AFAIK - scanning currency is pretty much a no-no, but I think you can do it as long as it is either enlarged at least 200% or reduced at least 50%. (Don't take my word for it, you might wanna' look that up.)

*Reminds me of a story my father told me when he worked in prepress for a web-printing plant that ran coupons for some of the local grocery stores. Apparantly, they shot a $1 bill on their litho camera at 100% size and printed it at size on a coupon which was distributed to 100,000+ homes. A few days later they were paid a visit by the F.B.I. because these printed reproductions would fool the dollar vending machines for cigarettes etc. F.B.I. was none too kind to the company as my father remembers. :rolleyes:

Replicator

Heres a $200.00 Bill, I don't recognize the face on the front . . . Probably just some JACKA$$ . . .
4c9a287f.gif

Attachments

• George_Bush_Moral_Reserve_Note.jpg
    George_Bush_Moral_Reserve_Note.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 228

Shovelhead

I like this idea..............

You could just avoid the trouble of painting all together. There is a car in town here that has two stripes covered in $100's. The paint guy photocopied them, stuck them down by coating them in clear, then buried the whole thing in layers of green tinted clear.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• 100_dollar_bill.gif
    100_dollar_bill.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 237

Techman

Photoshop has a algorythm that prevents ou r from scanning currency. ITs part of the intrusions the government has asked for. You cannto scan real money. It was supposed to scan it but greatly reduce it but hat doesnt work.

thewood

Our HP printer will do the same thing. We scanned a bill, changed the picture and tried to print it. It will print about 1/4 of the bill and then a line reading http://www.ustreas.gov/ then stop completely.

That's freakin insane!! I've never heard of those issues. Wow, I stil can't wrap my mind mind around that. Now if printers could detect piss poor layouts and direct the user to Signs 101!

russellcustoms

Thanks for the replys fellas. I am trying to manually trace some pics in corel. And when I tried to copy the bills on my light table, you can see through both sides too well. But I am working on it... :thankyou:

russellcustoms

You could just avoid the trouble of painting all together. There is a car in town here that has two stripes covered in $100's. The paint guy photocopied them, stuck them down by coating them in clear, then buried the whole thing in layers of green tinted clear.
[/quote]

You dont happen to have the pic of the other side of the bill do you?