• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lost my job, what next?

Rodi

Lost my Job on Friday,

Can't say I did not see it coming, yet was in shock throughout the weekend. My boss had it out for me for 15 months, so it was grueling at times, the hatred she had for me! While I know it was unjust what happened to me, I am laughing in a way becuase although I was let go due to "slow" business, the owner (not my boss) is going to be paying through the nose with overtime for two far higher paid employees. Two workers, six weeks vactation between them, nil digital printing experience and they have been moderately busy on their end, while I was moderately busy as well. I really do not see how they will see any savings, but it is not my decision.

So I look forward to new opportunities, including getting out of printing all together, maybe not. Who knows, right?

AUTO-FX

Oh, man, sorry to hear! But sounds like it could be a blessing in disguise. See that, you have offers already!!!

laserman70

Sorry to hear about the loss of job.
I am sure with you knowledge and experience you will have a job very soon.
Good Luck!!!

Joe Diaz

Oh man that sucks Rodi. Sorry to hear about that. The way you describe your former employers, it sounds like it may have been a blessing in disguise though. Good luck!

Bigdawg

Just Me
So sorry to hear that Rodi... but as mentioned - I know you will land on your feet. You are a talented, smart guy with a wealth of experience.

Blessings in disguise, my friend.

Tim Aucoin

Good luck Rodi... I'm sure you'll be able to find a (more deserving) company that will utilize your skill set. Yes, sometimes change is a very good thing! :smile:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Good luck and take a little time to smell the roses, while you have the chance.............

Rodi

Oh man that sucks Rodi. Sorry to hear about that. The way you describe your former employers, it sounds like it may have been a blessing in disguise though. Good luck!
I really like the owner, he is a great guy. I would have stayed their for a long time. I have found throughout my years that there are some tough people in the business, but just as many nice folks.

speedmedia

Good luck in the future! Last time I lost a job I vowed to never lose another job again and started my own business. Now I control my own destiny. It isn't for everyone but it worked for me so far....

Just do your best to turn this into opportunity and you never know with the great people on here you just might find a great new position you always wanted!

Thanks,
Kurt

Sticky Signs

Much like the equipment guy, loosing my old job was the best thing that ever happened to me too. I'm sure you will soon be saying the same. Good luck.