• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Meeting with corporate buyers

Scotchbrite

No comment
I always wear a collared shirt and jeans to work and that's what I wear to meet potential customers. I suppose it might have cost me a job or 2 not being more dressed up, but I've never received feedback that it did. I have however received the opposite feedback with people telling me they like to see a sales guy that's dressed like he might actually know how to do the work.

We get salesman/solicitations coming by the office all the time. My first big tip off, and big put off too, is seeing they're dressed up.

You're selling signs, not insurance. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in dressing up super nice.

victor bogdanov

I always wear a collared shirt and jeans to work and that's what I wear to meet potential customers. I suppose it might have cost me a job or 2 not being more dressed up, but I've never received feedback that it did. I have however received the opposite feedback with people telling me they like to see a sales guy that's dressed like he might actually know how to do the work.
This reminds me when I went to meet with my corporate buyer at their office I was wearing shorts and a tshirt (do not own pants and only wear "workout clothes"). When I was signing in at the office they had a rule of no shorts or skirts on production floor. I did see every one staring at my shorts but still got the job anyway.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
This reminds me when I went to meet with my corporate buyer at their office I was wearing shorts and a tshirt (do not own pants and only wear "workout clothes"). When I was signing in at the office they had a rule of no shorts or skirts on production floor. I did see every one staring at my shorts but still got the job anyway.
No pants?? You must be in South Texas! and I mean WAY far south.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It's in the 30s up here and they are calling for winter weather this week. I don't care if it's 110 outside, I'm in pants and boots.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
See, there is a God, afterall. He makes him wear pants. Whewee...................

Stacey K

I like making signs
I’m very lean each Sunday I put 5 outfits in a dresser drawer and they all are the same just need to grab a sweatshirt. I very rarely wear shorts it seems dangerous if I’m cutting things. All my sweatshirts have my logo and an American flag on the sleeve just different varieties. Makes getting dressed fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Again, thank God, now I can sleep tonight after that tidbit of how ya get dressed and plan those things out.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Here ya go, tex......... this'll fit. It might be a little loose, but you'll grow into it.

lil pecker warmer.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, when it gets cold it all shrivels up and goes up inside, anyway. Guess you need more of a diaper......................

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Yeah, when it gets cold it all shrivels up and goes up inside, anyway. Guess you need more of a diaper......................
"It shrinks?"

Stacey K

I like making signs
I don't even remember what this post was about anymore...LOL...but I have my photos uploaded on my laptop and my sample book coming today. I put some thought into my lingo and have upgraded my outfit a bit today. My BF works there and the CEO is French. I was told he likes it when people call him Romaine Lettuce but I think I'll pass on that. I'll update you later on how it goes, thanks all!

"Stay warm"