• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

my first wall wrap!

artbot

finally got my first wall wrap finished. i have a new resect for you guys doing 50' of graphics. the 2500 pixel photoshop brush looks like the end of a cutip on a piece like this.

next time i get something like this (and i already have two lined up) it's going to require a new dream workstation.

also, thanks to all the signs101'ers that helped me with which material to use, how to tile and bleed it, etc.

aa

Attachments

• legacycenter.jpg
    legacycenter.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 121
  • legacy1.jpg
    legacy1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 112
  • legacy2.jpg
    legacy2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 99
  • legacyclose.jpg
    legacyclose.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 111

MikePro

:U Rock:
looks great bro! been dying to see you post about how it all went!
what texture Korographics did you end up going with? i've always been an UltraFlex Wallscapes guy, but I might try my next project with Koro... they've got a HUGE selection of textures.

artbot

thanks,,, the material was korographics abaco beach. the installer mentioned that is the industry standard. that she runs into it more often than any other media/finishes. after seeing the tiny grain finish, i was glad that i didn't go with some more "creative" texture. there are so many things to focus on in a complex architectural space, keeping it simple is usually best. also, i printed in a fluid wall texture under the graphics of the piece. it provided a faux wall texture that i could erase or stengthen depending on where i was in the image.

the standoffs, i make my self. they are brushed steel dipped in CAB gloss lacquer. i've never used factory stand offs. they are just too huge and expensive. this project has 50 stand off's cost ($12).

the installer for the wrap was cyndi greene. i very highly recommend her, she could not have been more professional or more of a perfectionist.

http://www.cgreenwallpapers.com/

here's a slide show with some more shots.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alldredge/sets/72157626346137654/show/

HulkSmash

hey art,
Great job. I think it would have been awesome to use clear acrylic? What led you to use the white?

artbot

it's not white clear acrylic. it's a custom finish that i sprayed on the back (misted opalescent white, then misted translucent latex matching the pre-existing wall color, then one more mist of opalescenct white, then clear coat).

the graphic has the same figures printed behind in a bit of white/saturated version of the graphic. when veiwed as you wall by the two images move and shadow each other.

HulkSmash

it's not white clear acrylic. it's a custom finish that i sprayed on the back (misted opalescent white, then misted translucent latex matching the pre-existing wall color, then one more mist of opalescenct white, then clear coat).

the graphic has the same figures printed behind in a bit of white/saturated version of the graphic. when veiwed as you wall by the two images move and shadow each other.

ahhhh.
i see. that's awesome man. Great job.

artbot

@barrerday

depends, i guess. since i did this design the same rep has odered a 45' wall for the new houston eye center. my studio is pretty busy. as long as it's artistic and not strictly commecial, i'm good. the next thing i want to innovate is large format hot stamp foiling. that is a new technique that if done tastefully would be cool for projects like high restaurants and hotels, etc.