• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

My house of poo

SlightlyChilled

Well here is what the township did for me and 4 other houses on the day before thanksgiving... Not doing the job right just half a$$ing it...
Just a side note my floor should be white.

Attachments

• bath room.jpg
    bath room.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 85
  • bath room 2.jpg
    bath room 2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 74
  • bathroom 3.jpg
    bathroom 3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 84

skyhigh

sorry for your troubles man. Things will get better and be back to normal soon.

nasty is not the word for it. In 5 years you'll look back and....and.... be just as pissed as you are today. (wow, that has me upset)

So what the hell did the township do.....or not do right?

edit: I think I'd be hiring someone to clean that up, and send them the bill.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've had more than my share of sewage backups, no fun there.
Hope you get this worked out quickly.

(looks like you guys might have too much fiber in your diet - might want to cut back a little....)

wayne k
guam usa

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Not quite sure where you're located, but I'll bet keeping the window open to keep the stench out has got to be heck on your heating bill.

How do you cross the floating pooh to take a shower ?? On a raft ??

SAS

That happened to me at the shop, but not that bad. City workers blowing air or something back up the sewage lines. I call and went off on the poor lady that pick up the phone, they sent two guy to clean both restrooms. They never look so good after they where done. But it would have been a bad day if someone would have been in the restroom.

John L

You gotta watch the movie "RV". There's quotes in the poo scene you will never forget now... Fire in the Hole!... Oh man thats nasty!.... and my favorite... And bring some of them TorteeYo Chips!

BTW, That BR likely now has poo seepage and leavin's under the edge of the baseboards, under that lavy cabinet, sucked in by the cabinet's unfinished partical board edges, etc... places that are not reachable with a can of scrubbing bubbles.

SlightlyChilled

Well I live in lower bucks PA. Yes there will be picking up the bill we just don't know for what. The ripped out all my floor and 1 foot of my walls. The cleaning people were a joke. I have to get denied from my insurance before the township will call theres. Thats to stop people from double dipping.

Jillbeans

I do hope your insurance covers this. You're going to need a whole new bathroom.
My insurance did not cover my damage from Sandy.
:(
Love....Jill

SD&F

That just turned my stomach.....so sorry for you.
Take pictures of everything, document eveything and then get ready to fight it out.
Good Luck and hang in there.

rjssigns

You got lucky with the town paying for that mess. Right up the street from me about a dozen homes had the basement filled 6+ inches with ooze from the sewers. They tried a class action suit against the city and lost.
City has some arcane law that in a nutshell says: No matter what we do we are NEVER going to be held liable for anything ever.

One of the perks of living in my small town.:omg:

anotherdog

Yup, new bathroom.
All porus material has to be removed and replaced. Any carpets, any plaster any cabinets, removal of the bath and make good on damaged tiles after the removal.

did they say why it happened? I have seen this in basements where they needed a backflow valve because of heavy rain.

Make me want to hug my septic system...only one idiot in charge of that.