• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need your imput, please...

ocean502

I am opening a sign shop in July. I am just getting all my ducks in a line. This is a sign I made for my shop. Could use some advise, on how it looks. Number is not mine, just a filler. Ok, well the blues did match.. anyway if the blues match, what do you all think...
Thanks,
Susie

Attachments

• Valley Springs Signs.jpg
    Valley Springs Signs.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 97

Bradster941

Define "Digital Signs"..?

After you do that, ask yourself if the general public is going to know what you mean...

Flame

Sorry, a random slashing of various oddball elements and special effects. Keep the fonts, flashes and diamond plate to a minimum and work on the layout.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
ditto to flame...too many effects...tone it down, focus on the name, keep it to two to three colors at the most...and use colors that compliment each other

R08

I'll wait for my layout & color books to come in the mail.. Thanks for your advice!

Designing for yourself is the hardest thing. You may have been putting too much into it.

I find it's handy to have a significant other (especially none artistic) to give common sense into it.

Good luck... keep at it and you'll get there

ocean502

I could not bring the last thumbnail up.. Try this...

Attachments

• Valley Springs Signs 2.jpg
    Valley Springs Signs 2.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 76

Creative_Lance

No offense but you really need to hang around here a while.
Another thing, the average customer doesn't recognize the rolls of vinyl on the design.

Marlene

how will you be making the signs in your new sign shop? will you be doing just vinyl lettering? It's looking kind of set up a tent at a fair and sell vinyl letters by the pound. What is your background? Have you worked in a sign shop or just getting into it cold turkey?