• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Cut Vinyl Sign

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyAdams

Hey,

We just had our new sign installed. Cut translucent vinyl on translucent white polycarbonate. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_3291.jpg
    IMG_3291.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 188

wwpro

Looks nice, but I'd change the way the website address is, like a different color for the first letter of each word, or caps for the 1st letter and lowercase for the rest of the word, very hard to ready the way it is.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like you might have some OSHA issues going on there. I'd be careful about what kinda jobs you take on.

Out of curiosity.... what's a permit for that sign and installation cost ya ??

ScottyAdams

Looks like you might have some OSHA issues going on there. I'd be careful about what kinda jobs you take on.

Out of curiosity.... what's a permit for that sign and installation cost ya ??

What OSHA issues are you talking about? Install was $140...that included removal of old signs and installation of two (on on each side). No permit was needed.

ScottyAdams

we did not install our own signs. Landlord works directly with an installer that he required us to use for this. No way around it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What OSHA issues are you talking about? Install was $140...that included removal of old signs and installation of two (on on each side). No permit was needed.

Generally speaking, when one is off the ground by more than 2 feet or so, OSHA has rules for the safety of people hanging around in the air, ladders being tied off and proper garments, like steel tipped shoes and some other issues with safety.

It surprises me that you don't have to obtain a permit to take things in the air out and put new things back in without giving your local municipality proof of liability. When telling them you have two men in the air waving 2' x 6' pieces of acrylic around up there....... especially in California..................

When someone says 'No Permit Was Needed'.... I often wonder, how do you know this ??
Did you literally call the codes department and explain to them what you intended to do and they said.... oh, go right ahead, just don't hurt anyone in the process...... or did someone just ignore calling and think to themselves.... Self, I'm not gonna get a permit, cause I don't think it will take long and no one will know the difference ??

OldPaint

being honest here, DID YOU LOOK AT THE OTHER SIGNS? and you really thing anyone is going to see YOUR SIGN?
1. no PUNCH, NONDESCRIPT TO MUCH USELESS INFO
2. would make a layout for a business card...........
3. I WOULD START OVER...........
4. why do you think all the other signs have BIG, BOLD type on them? SO THEY CAN BE READ............YOUR'S will not be seen AT ALL.
5. YOU shoulda called the guy who did all the other signs........TO DO YOURS.

Mosh

No permit needed??? Even here out in the stick we are required to
get a permit....BTW, too much copy for that kind of sign, in fact I
just noticed it was for SIGNS!!!! Super poor design!!!

Someone must have got charged too much for some "stickers" and
bought a machine to do it themselves!!!

CanuckSigns

As fa as the permit goes, if the landlord insists you use his guys to install it, I would think the permit would be their responsibility, so i wouldn't worry too much about that, you only produced it.

As for the design, while it is a nice design, I'll echo the remarks of others here, it doesn't work for a backlit sign face, the copy is too thin and it lacks contrast. take another picture at night when it's lit up and re-post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.