• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Flexi Update (Service Pack) for 8.1v1!!!!!

Replicator

A Class Action Lawsuit probably won't get anyone anywhere,

but I do think that SAi needs to look at their business practices

and ask themselves . . . Will we ever sell another piece of

software again if we build our reputation on lies, distrust and

failure to provide the best software and support to customers

spending thousands of their hard earned dollars with us . . . !

Especially when that becomes their reputation through the sign industry grapevine.

I think they need to rethink their support system, or lower their prices to reflect flawed software.

signage

I agree with you Rep! I also think this should be the norm for all software/computer hardware, these companies have been dong this now for far too long!

Replicator

Example: I used to use Norton AntiVirus software, trusted it with my life . . .
Still think it's one of the best programs around.

I don't use it anymore because it became a MASSIVE MEMORY HOG,
which bogged down my entire system far too much !

-----------------------------------------------------------

I only cut vinyl with Flexi, because it too is a MEMORY HOG
and it will stop half way through a print RIP.

iSign

well, I missed this post untill today when Rep mentioned it in another thread.

I usually don't jump on the Flexi bashwagon, because i get what I need out of my copy... BUT, now that I read what I've just read... I agree with all the disenchanted owners of version 8.

I had no plans to purchase version 8 anyway, which is why I missed this thread earlier, but I think bug fixes should be done, and they should be free... that's the way it's always been.

It's great that newer versions are created if they address new situations like Vista... and those who want to use Vista shouldn't expect a free solution if they bought V8.1 before vista existed... BUT as far as malfunctioning features in $4000 software packages... FIX IT FREE, OR EXPECT THIS INDUSTRY CONSUMER BACKLASH TO GET LOUDER & MORE WIDESPREAD!!

I ALREADY PLANNED TO NEVER UPGRADE, BUT AS IT IS I ONLY USE FLEXI PRO 7.6 FOR A RIP STATION... SO I'LL BUY WASATCH BEFORE I'D GIVE A DIME TO SAI IF THIS IS HOW THEY TREAT THEIR CONSUMERS!!

Bradster941

Well i think it is bull shlt that i can't get a new computor right now without spending another $400, because i can't run 8.1 on vista. what pisses me off more than anything is i just bought flexi Pro 8.1 only 6 months ago and now after spending that kind of cash with them they wont even help me out. u guys should hook us up with a update for 8.1 to run on vista. i mean com'om is that askin to much! well jsut my .02 it prob. wont get me anywhere but hey, it is just 2 cents.

Exact same thing here. Bought from Sign Warehouse in May. Was never told that it wouldn't work on Vista. Waisted 2 days trying to make it work. Was told at the Orlando Show to break out my wallet. :rolleyes:

iSign

You can still buy lots of computers with XP... or, if you have the original CD to install XP, you can buy (or build) a computer & then install XP from your discs. If you want one of those pre-installed machines with a bunch of junk you don't need... and they only come with Vista, you would be better off reformatting them & doing a fresh install of your operating system (and the necessary drivers for the on board peripherals)

And, you can still buy XP from Microsoft for $299 HERE

high impact

We use Flexi 90% of the time in our shop but I have become more and more discontent with their lack of regard to faithful consumers. I have been awfully disappointed in the last update. I wasted my money updating from 7.6 to 8.1

They act like they could care less.

I've recently started using my versaworks rip to see how it works and compare print quality. Versaworks actually blows Flexi rip away with better quality.

I have Corel but never use it, I may have to crack it out...

Replicator

I've recently started using my versaworks rip to see how it works and compare print quality. Versaworks actually blows Flexi rip away with better quality.

Same here . . . I now use Roland ColourChoice only for my RIP,

It is 1000 times better than Flexi for output quality . . .

I continue to use flexi to cut vinyl . . .

Sad part is there are very inexpensive vinyl cutting programs and plug-ins

to cut vinyl . . . Feel like I wasted my hard earned money before I was

fully educated in all the right software and options . . . !

high impact

I just went back and reread this whole thread...

I AM SO SICK OF BEING SCREWING BY SAI! I have two legit Flexi-pro full version - 7.6 AND 8.1

I was going to upgrade both stations and I'm glad I only upgraded one so far.

I'm done! 8.1 is a joke and I paid big bucks to upgrade from 7.6. NOW, I've got to pay for the fixes and to upgrade to 8.5. This is complete BS!

So SAI is saying those of us with legit versions have to pay even more because of all the pirated copies out there? Smart thinking (dripping with sarcasm) - doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that will increase the amount of pirated software out there!

Illustrator and Corel here I come. I may have two full version Flexi-pro software on e-bay soon if SAI doesn't wake up.

schurms

I asked here about 6 months ago on what rip to buy and was looking at colorprint6, thank God I had jackpine set me up with ciberprint. Looks to me like flexi thinks they have more clout in the industry than they really do. Why anyone would not design in adobe is beyond me, for bitmaps anyway.

signguy27

You can still buy lots of computers with XP... or, if you have the original CD to install XP, you can buy (or build) a computer & then install XP from your discs. If you want one of those pre-installed machines with a bunch of junk you don't need... and they only come with Vista, you would be better off reformatting them & doing a fresh install of your operating system (and the necessary drivers for the on board peripherals)

And, you can still buy XP from Microsoft for $299 HERE

i was told with the quad core prossesers have to have vista to run them? dont know the truth behind it. but i mean come on isign u dont think u should be able to at the least get a discounted price if u havent owned it for a X amout of time? isign if u could let me know about that first ? about vista and quad qore that would be awsome, that is exactilly what i would do..have a good x-mas i can already smell the prime rib!.lol

iSign

signguy... I pretty much hit my computer-speak limits just trying to spell peripherals... I think your question will be most quickly answered if you post a new thread with the question in the topic heading... someone who knows far more then I should be able to answer it, but unfortunately I don't know about quad core/OS compatibility.

Techman

There are quad core processors wunning XP.

Fore example..

HP Smart Buy xw8400 Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5335 2GHz Workstation RB348UT#ABA

Quad-Core Intel Xeon 5335 2GHz, 8MB L2, 2GB DDR2 SDRAM, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, DVD±RW DL LightScribe, integrated HD audio with speaker, integrated Broadcom 5752 Gigabit NIC, Windows XP Pro, Minitower

is at $2600 bux..

signguy27

Well i want to say to flexi that i dont hate there producet it actually kicks ass in some ways and i really do like production maniger, my only issue was the vista deal.

signguy27

im lucky i havent had to call yet...,but i was just woundering what would happen if ur donggle key got broke or stoped working, what would they do? i protect mine like a fine thin pice of glass...

Last edited:

Todd Jelle

This really chaps my ass.
I didn't realize all this was going on. I'm currently running 7.6 pro on one station & expert on another. I purchased an upgrade to 8.1 about 6 mo ago & have never installed do to fear.
the reason is I started with Inspire, since then I have paid out the arse to upgrade & every time I have its cost me down time.
So are you guys saying doing the upgrade will cause me problems or its just a waste of time & money?
I too, am about to look into something else & sell my copy if SIA doesn't take care of us!
I feel sick that I previously posted how nice the software works, but the truth be known the bugs & glitches have really @#$&!!!
Another thing that pisses me off is that for the money on expert you would think you would get all the tools as in pro. I uderstand not having a RIP, but beyond that Expert is a rip off!! I bought it as a design/ cutting staion. They arent stupid. The idea is to make sure you also buy the design station software. As if everybody needs 3 computers to run a sign biz. Everone knows you should have a devoted RIP/ print station to keep that system from crashing.
screw SAi
their tech support sucks too!

Todd Jelle

Again
So are you guys saying doing the upgrade from 7.6 to 8.1 will cause me problems or its just a waste of time & money?
Its sitting on the shelve & not getting installed until I hear from users,
after all this I hear the upgrade will kill my 7.6 v key!

I want input from users, not someone involved with the software.
After all we're the ones letting them know of the problems, so they can fix it & charge us, again, & again, & again....................

I too, am about to look into something else & sell my copy if SIA doesn't take care of us!

Also, some of those features in 8.5 should be free patches/fixes, or whatever in spite of the vista thingy...like a 8.5v2 as stated!
If not, they should call 8.5 flexi 9 and give us our freeee upgrade

Last edited: