• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Flexi Update (Service Pack) for 8.1v1!!!!!

Techman

Lets see here.. In summary,,, First they sell you software with some promised features. Then you purchase this software with the promise that certian buggy features are fixed.
Then you find out those features do not work right either. So you call for support. Their answer is to spend another nice amount to fix that which you were promised in the first place.

But then those promises are not kept either. Then you are told to purchase yet again another update.

Then they say that pirated software is hurting them. Well, I wonder how frustrated someone will be,, who recently faithfully purchased a package only to find out it is still buggy and he has to pay more to get what was promised in the first place,,

I wonder if he is quietly smiling as he releives his frustration by searching out and finding the fixer for that package???

In other thoughts...
I bought cocut Pro years ago. They gave me FREE updates for each up grade of Corel Draw up till version 11. I never once needed a tech support.. I paid the small amount for the Cocut pro update for version 12 of Corel which in my mind was well worth the smal fee. And, then got another FREE FREE update to cocut Pro X3.. In all the years ive used Cocut pro I never once heard about anyone pirating Cocut pro...

Replicator

I hope they wake up and discuss whats been said here . . .

This is genuine critique from actual customers and/or future customers . . .

This could be the beginning of the end for SAi if things continue down this path of discontent.

high impact

Todd,

Use 8.1 since you have it AND have paid dearly for it. I don't think it is any more "buggie" than earlier versions. It has a couple of features you may enjoy.

Yes, you will have to send your version 7 key to them to get a permanent serial number for your 8.1 key. It will only run temporarily until you input this new number that technical support gives you.

I'm an active Flexi user and I actually like the program. I'm just sick of the lack of support to those of us who have poured multiplied thousands of dollars into their company.

mark in tx

Charge for bug fixes.

Charge for incremental updates.

Makes you connect a production computer to the internet for no other reason than not trusting the people who buy your product.

What a recipe for customer defection.

Mike V.

They should hope that n one gets PO'ed enough to start spreading the crack to make the programs work without the dongle since that is the reason for some of the changes they have made. I, for one, never knew that softwae that needs a dongle could be hacked.

Todd Jelle

Todd,

Use 8.1 since you have it AND have paid dearly for it. I don't think it is any more "buggie" than earlier versions. It has a couple of features you may enjoy.

Yes, you will have to send your version 7 key to them to get a permanent serial number for your 8.1 key. It will only run temporarily until you input this new number that technical support gives you.

I'm an active Flexi user and I actually like the program. I'm just sick of the lack of support to those of us who have poured multiplied thousands of dollars into their company.

Sorry, but that statement sounds just like tech support.
I've never felt any of the upgrades had but minimal improvements, if any & they surely weren't worth the $$$ invested. The only reason I really purchased 8.1 was to get the proper product mgr, format for my Summa DC4 sx. They said I would need it when I got the machine. It works fine with the drivers for the DC3 as long as I manualy input the correct size media.
I hardly feel they should be charging what they do for what we get on these upgrades. Maybe this upgrade is far better than the past, but I already have a bad taste in my mouth...Do you know that taste?
I like flexi but I'm concerned where they are taking it with this idea of internet hookup to validate licence.
The future does not look good for this.
I pay for software & they want to keep looking at validation.
Whats next, they decide they want more $$ so they shut off the licence, & can put you out of biz, at their decision?

EndlessOptions

I pay for software & they want to keep looking at validation.
Whats next, they decide they want more $$ so they shut off the licence, & can put you out of biz, at their decision?

You can continue using Flexi 8.5 with a hard key you just have to go back to your supplier and pay an additional $150.00 to get a new dongle since they gave you a new key # with the 8.5 upgrade. They plan on getting you coming and going.

high impact

Sorry, but that statement sounds just like tech support.

First you say that tech support sucks, then you ask for users to give their opinion, now you say my statement sounds just like tech support.

Hmmmm...

I've changed my mind; there is something else I think you should do with that 8.1 upgrade now...

iSign

First you say that tech support sucks, then you ask for users to give their opinion, now you say my statement sounds just like tech support.

Hmmmm...

I've changed my mind; there is something else I think you should do with that 8.1 upgrade now...

hahahahaha, yeah, that reply did seem rather un-called for. ...I was thinking the same thing...

...well actually I was thinking of looking a gift horse in the mouth...

...hadn't gone as far as thinking what other oriface to approach with that gift :rolleyes:

Todd Jelle

Hmmmm...

Sorry Mark
maybe I deserve that.
I appreciate your input but, tech support has said nearly the same thing to me before

Oh, & I am one of those using Flexi since its creation, I f I remember ...like 5.8 or something
& also had Inspire if that tells you anything.
They quit supporting that & had me change the Inspire key into a Flexi key!

Maybe the correct statement would be I used both scanvec & amiable before they merged.

Todd Jelle

You can continue using Flexi 8.5 with a hard key you just have to go back to your supplier and pay an additional $150.00 to get a new dongle since they gave you a new key # with the 8.5 upgrade. They plan on getting you coming and going.

So does this mean with the internet validation we can use it on more than one station, or on a laptop at home or in the field, ect...???

high impact

Sorry Mark
maybe I deserve that.
I appreciate your input but, tech support has said nearly the same thing to me before

Oh, & I am one of those using Flexi since its creation, I f I remember ...like 5.8 or something
& also had Inspire if that tells you anything.
They quit supporting that & had me change the Inspire key into a Flexi key!

Maybe the correct statement would be I used both scanvec & amiable before they merged.

1. Apology accepted.
2. Yes, you did deserve that... ;-)
3. I started out on Flexi-pro 5.8 as well. I think we might actually agree - I like Flexi as a program but think they are way over priced especially considering the BS we go through with Tech support and updates that are not worth the cost. Hence my response to your question - You already paid for that update so IMHO you should remove from "earlier implied orifice" to install and use. It is a little "buggie", but not anymore so then previous versions. I use eye candy and like the option of adding a margin to the bitmaps I create. I also like the on screen spell check and export/e-mail as PDF.

If this is what Tech support is telling you, then I agree with them...you spent the dough for the update and Flexi is not going to give it back to you - you might as well use it.

high impact

No, that copy is locked to your one machine

I've not done this yet but I hear that you can however, run production manager on one machine and the design program on another over a network.

It is posted in a thread around here somewhere...

signage

Mark you have been able to run production manager on one machine while designing on another over a network for awhile.

Replicator

I wonder if we will ever get responses to the legitimate questions

that have been brought up here since Steven's earlier post . . . ?

choucove

Our business has been running Flexi for more years than I can remember and it is the software everyone knows and enjoys. But I cannot lie. It has more bugs than any program of any type that I have ever worked with. The most disturbing thing about this is how costly it is to try and "fix" these errors. You don't see Microsoft or any other major software company out there telling their customers, "We know you just spent $4000 to purchase that new version 7.6 just a year ago, and another $4000 in the last six months on the new version 8.1, but if you want to fix the fatal bugs in version 8.1 you will have to spend another major $$$ to upgrade everything to 8.5"

In the past two years our company was told we HAD to upgrade and purchase Flexi 7 for all our workstations to get any support, assistance, driver compatibility, etc. Less than a year after shelling out over ten grand on Flexi 7 (which we began having several buggy issues with) they said we HAD to upgrade to 8 to fix the errors and get further support and compatibility. Now that we have shelled out another huge amount in that upgrade and have gotten new computers, the version 8 is having bugs on the new systems and we have been told that yet again we have to shell out thousands to upgrade to version 8.5 which MIGHT fix the glitches?

All I can say is this is not the working of a professional software development company but more like a hoax. If they wish to keep their customers, SAi needs to really get their act together with customer service. I hate to be an evil ranter as Flexi is a good product with the versatility and tools that we need, and has served us well in the past, but truly we are one single step from leaving Flexi behind to find another alternative.

Todd Jelle

agreed...still no response from our SAi friends
Maybe time to look at something else.
Sooner or later you have to get off the merry go round,
It only goes in circles

Lunatic Taskbar

Ok im going to revive this... I also just got pissed at SAI.

Ok any recomendations for what to jump ship to... "Bye Bye SAi" Kinda has a ring to it!

Oh for the recomendations its PC only and its Cut Vinyl.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited: