• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

New Logo For Customer

MotorCityMan

Here is the old one and the new one they just approved

Attachments

• 398428_238407176236685_238407059570030_517412_1223362896_n.jpg
    398428_238407176236685_238407059570030_517412_1223362896_n.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 221
  • text7664.jpg
    text7664.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:

MotorCityMan

as for the logo

the clipart part is kinda cool i guess.

and 80% of your text is cut out and blocked by the tools.. not very effective

No clipart, I drew it all. No way I'm ever using clipart again and posting on here. lol

I can still tweak it, I just meant the customer likes it.

signguy 55

What's a "Tener"? Not crazy about upside down lettering and most of what they do is covered up.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Craig Sjoquist

Nice start, a good standard layout but needs tweaking indeed.

1st seen... the gray needs to be alot darker in name banner.
2nd correct upside down lettering.
3rd you may want to look at a brick / block workers hammer.

HulkSmash

That seems to be an issue only if the banner is a Flash movie. The remedy is to simply click on the image which will then cause it to appear in a new window or tab like it used to.

Yeah i saw that. Just thought i'd help out and point out a small bug. Doesn't bother me at the least.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First was done by Broken Arrow Wear, in Des Moines
Second was by me

Okay, now I see what you mean by you drew this stuff.

The other day, you made it sound as if you created the whole thing from scratch, when in fact, you're copying. Okay, that's a different story. My bad. :rock-n-roll:

Back to your logo. The whole thing looks crooked or lists to the left.

MotorCityMan

okay, now i see what you mean by you drew this stuff.

The other day, you made it sound as if you created the whole thing from scratch, when in fact, you're copying. Okay, that's a different story. My bad. :rock-n-roll:

Back to your logo. The whole thing looks crooked or lists to the left.

copying what?

ForgeInc

You definitely should not crop out any of the letters, I would try and refine it so the words can be seen. Also...as others have said you should flip the upside down letters so they read correctly.

The "shading" lines in "extreme" don't do much for me, if you keep em I would make them way larger in scale. There's no way those will read if you print this logo small.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
copying what?

Either I'm really stoopid or you are.

If someone has the ability to put on paper with pencil or pen... a rendering and create something..... that's considered drawing from scratch so to speak. Sure, you can look at a picture and draw from it. Done that myself many times for gridding out small drawings to make into large ones. Although at some point you are adding the touch of a pencil, marker pen or something, you then scan it in and tweak it. Nothing really wrong with that, either, unless you take the credit for the original and pass it off as being your own creation. Simply tracing or blowing up is not drawing... at least not in my book.

The main reason for my observations are quite few and simple. It doesn't take a lot to see through things.

If you had the artistic ability to do what you say you're doing, you wouldn't have such obviously bad drawings overlooking some of the most basics of drawing 101.

• You have several light sources.
  • You use far too many styles/techniques which none of them are at all your own.
  • Your use of elements in one design doesn't follow suit with another design.
  • In other words.... you're all over the place and it looks like a clear use of borrowing of many works being compiled into your homemade version.
  • The other day, you had a tiger with human eyes and walrus whiskers. Even in cartoon effect, you didn't notice it... or comment on it.
  • Taking poetic license is one thing, but doing things wrong, having them pointed out to you and your denying and getting all full of yourself.... why should anyone want to help you ??

Kinda like a Frankenstein... and we all know how that turned out.

It's far easier to help someone that is being honest and on the level. Then... and only then can we help you. That is where the teaching/suggesting/help can begin.... once we know your true capabilities. Until then, we don't know where you're coming from.
I'm sorry if I have you pegged wrong, but if you'd like to talk to me in private or convince me, it will only take a few minutes. :thankyou: I'll gladly retract any or all of my statements towards you at that point.