• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

No Snowflakes or Bleedinghearts need to post

Johnny Best

If I see a word by itself I might not know the meaning. But put into a sentence I will understand the meaning.
Turning a word mispelled and trying to be funny is not only rude but feebl.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
But often times we don't, at least without some semblance of a semantic understanding of the language. For instance:

Here Tex is presenting us with the right to keep and shave our arms. Or atleast uncover them, unlike those Sharia following countries. Go America!
Aint that what we're talking about? Shaved arms??

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
In a civilized society, freedom of the individual should only go as far as the freedom of others is not restricted. Whats about the freedom of others to go shopping safely, go to cinema, studying at a highschool, taking part on a parade?

If you think that lunatics will stop planning their mass shootings when they see punishment on public TV, you have a total misunderstanding of mental illness. They know now too the punishments.

What do you think for example about driving a car without licence and without insurance? Freedom? Whats about the one who would be hurt in an accident, and no insurance will pay for?
In a civilized society, freedom of the individual should only go as far as the freedom of others is not restricted. Whats about the freedom of others to go shopping safely, go to cinema, studying at a highschool, taking part on a parade?

If you think that lunatics will stop planning their mass shootings when they see punishment on public TV, you have a total misunderstanding of mental illness. They know now too the punishments.

What do you think for example about driving a car without licence and without insurance? Freedom? Whats about the one who would be hurt in an accident, and no insurance will pay for?
you sir are dead wrong. And civilized is a dubjective term and has zero room in this dicussion. When talking about mass shootings or any ither kind of abuse of freedom civilized is assumed it is not. Now read this and let it soak in. The govt does not give anyone rights. The govt is made up of people just like me and you. Ghey are your neighbors and family members. They like you have no rights goven by any govt. we have rights given by our creator. The fact we are born means we are free when born and with freedom comes rights. The govts job is to protect all of our god given rights from being infringed upon by others. We have a right to speak, to practice religion, to defend ourselves and defend our country. There are many more but mone of them come from the govt at all. So another thing is we have a right to travel on the roads and waterways built by and maintained using public funds. Thats our own money being used. So you may not force me to hand over part of my earnings in order to build roads then require me to prove i may drive on them. The drivers license was only meant to be for those who make profit from using the public road system. Every person who pays taxes has a right to use those roads. The fact we have been forced to beg for permission to use the roafs we pay for is bullshit and i dont play ball. I have not had my license valid since it expired about 15 yeats aho. And ever heard of no fault insurance? We all shoukd have the option to insure our own vehicles not others vehicles. If i dont pay for it then im not covered in a crash. If someone hits me i dont care if they have insurance because i have my own by choice aka freedom. Takkng away my guns takes away my ability to defend myself and the criminals do not follow laws so i need a gun as big as thise who may come after me with. No one has the right to take away my right to defend myself jowever i feel necessary. Gun free zones are a criminals dream. Because a group of people decided to write a bunch of words down banner certain thjngs does not mean they can do it. Every law is not the right law or a valid one. Once its realized the only way to enforce laws is to use threats of violence with guns or steal money from me then you will never accept the authority of any govt person because they have no authority over my own concerning my life.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
At this point, I know it makes no sense to continue reading.
Having rights granted by your creator is just a fancy way of saying that you have these rights by virtue of the fact that you exist. It neither implies nor denies the existence of the traditional Western bearded sky god that so many people have fun fiddling with. The point being that government is not the grantor of these rights, merely their caretaker.

FrankW

Kind of gave you some homework to do, huh Frank? only thing wrong with bcxprint post is lack of paragraphs.

One of the biggest problems in human history as today too are religious fanatics who think they own the only real truth (while there are millions of people with millions of "own truths"), don´t care about laws except what they believe to be "god given rights" (mostly without any proof, just what fits their current situation best).

If you are a little bit interested and aducated in history, as current worldwide politics too, you know what horrible things are done and still in progress with a subjective religious justification.

It is so important to separate church and state.

No one has the right to take away my right to defend myself jowever i feel necessary.

This is a real dangerous sentence which every lawful, responsible citizen should pay attention to. He wants to defend himself however he FEEL neccessary, while he has explained that he don´t care for every rights except the ones what HE THINK which was god given. With this, you can justify anything, I´m shure a lot of shooters who shoots blacks in a supermarket, or gays in a bar, or cashiers in a restaurant drive in, will justify their actions similar.

Just one sample, I have finished reading his post: if he crashes in a car and have neither a valid drivers licence nor an insurance, and hurt his opposite: what happened then? He won´t just ruin himself, but also his accident opponent.

Nobody should wish to be in any connection to someone who feels so little responsibility to laws which regulate living together in a human society, while he thinks his creator have given him any freedom. I´m shure bcxprint420 would not exceed any background checks, and that for a good reason.

Last edited:

ikarasu

People aren't born with rights.

Look down below to Mexico - They have vastly different rights than US does. Mexico probably has more Catholics in it than US does - So whether its taken as rights are given by god, or just because you were born... in both cases, that is wrong.

When you're born...you're granted certain rights - Rights that were fought for over hundreds of years, rights the government that was voted in has granted you. Rights that were codified so its very hard to change... But still rights your government grants you.

Look at Abortion for one - Up until a few weeks ago... It was someones right to have one - not written in the constitution, but still a right that was granted to people - and now... that got taken away.

Believing you have rights that can't be taken away just because you were born with them is being complacent - No matter who is in power... Republican or Democrat, you have to always fight for not just the rights you have now, but for future rights you should already have.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
In most states. Some have banned it outright... So you have to travel to another state,.which some can't afford. Now it's not really a "right" it's dependant on your state.
I've never thought about it as a right. It was an available option. No longer available in some states. The kicker is trying to eliminate birth control, preventing a pregnancy in the first place. Let's hope we don't go so far back to when condoms were illegal.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
That is entitlement, a pretty common theme nowadays and part of the reason that we have so many rules.
Not quite. None of these rights by existence steps on anyone else's. No one must alter their behavior in order to accommodate these rights. Thes rights by existence entitle you to nothing, not a damn thing. I should think that the actual reason for treating these rights as transcendent to government would be that since they aren't granted by government, they cannot be infringed upon by government. Thus enter the supreme court whose job is to make sure that doesn't happen.

On the other hand, an entitlement generally means that government has arranged things such that one group of people, those entitled, hold some sort of mortgage on the lives of another group, those that must provide the goods and services to the entitled people. Entitlements are created by government and can be stepped on or stopped completely by that same government. Entitlements are not rights. Not by a long shot.

bcxprint420

Sign & Banner Xpress
A guy who feels entitled to ride around with no drivers license or insurance on public roads and feels that is somehow a god given right? No, nothing wrong with that at all.
Never said i dont have insurance and if the govt forces me to pay for the roads then why woukd i need permission to use them? And who do anyone who thinks they can tell me or any other adult what they can or cannot do if its within boundaries and is stepping on no one elses rights? I say this both ways who am i to tell any of you you cannot drive the truck you saved up to buy? Get some common sense people. We have a country created because the founders were tired of handing their hard work over to a monsrchy that ruled over them like they owned them. Freedom. I pay taxes because i use the public systems and will continue to do so. I have insurance of every kind never said i did not . What i will not do is pay money for the roads then ask permission to use them. And read the declaration if independence you knkw the part that says that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,? Yes that is God given rights to freedom liberty and pursuit of happiness. In that pursuit i like many enjoy greatly the feeling of driving a car or truck or jeep we worked hard to buy and or fix up and it is my as well as everyones right to enjoy those vehicles on the roads we work and pay to build and maintain. You can make fun of me all you like but the less you flex your rights the faster they go away. And for those who think im some idiot who is better then everyone think again. I have worked hard my entire life to get an education to build a business to buy a home and build my own equipment and setvice my customers with their sign and print needs. And i do it everyday 365 days a year and i do it with zero employees. I have earned my right to speak and i will never consent to some idiot politician who doesnt know his ass from a hole in the ground telling me what i can or cannot do on public properties i fund. The unspoken ideas here are i do not feel the right to infringe on others rights so its sll under that umbrella. Sorry for the lack of spell check or paragraphs its hard on this phone with fat fingers and im not as keen eyed as i used to be.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Never said i dont have insurance and if the govt forces me to pay for the roads then why woukd i need permission to use them? And who do anyone who thinks they can tell me or any other adult what they can or cannot do if its within boundaries and is stepping on no one elses rights? I say this both ways who am i to tell any of you you cannot drive the truck you saved up to buy? Get some common sense people. We have a country created because the founders were tired of handing their hard work over to a monsrchy that ruled over them like they owned them. Freedom. I pay taxes because i use the public systems and will continue to do so. I have insurance of every kind never said i did not . What i will not do is pay money for the roads then ask permission to use them. And read the declaration if independence you knkw the part that says that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,? Yes that is God given rights to freedom liberty and pursuit of happiness. In that pursuit i like many enjoy greatly the feeling of driving a car or truck or jeep we worked hard to buy and or fix up and it is my as well as everyones right to enjoy those vehicles on the roads we work and pay to build and maintain. You can make fun of me all you like but the less you flex your rights the faster they go away. And for those who think im some idiot who is better then everyone think again. I have worked hard my entire life to get an education to build a business to buy a home and build my own equipment and setvice my customers with their sign and print needs. And i do it everyday 365 days a year and i do it with zero employees. I have earned my right to speak and i will never consent to some idiot politician who doesnt know his *** from a hole in the ground telling me what i can or cannot do on public properties i fund. The unspoken ideas here are i do not feel the right to infringe on others rights so its sll under that umbrella. Sorry for the lack of spell check or paragraphs its hard on this phone with fat fingers and im not as keen eyed as i used to be.
This is what I expect a drunk who's had his license suspended to say. You must have some DWIs under your belt.