• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Nor'Easter 2010 ROLL CALL //// Final decision time!

Typestries

Folks:

We're a week out from the big event. Early on I had over 50 interested folks, but come time to put up or shut up, registrations have been VERY light. Everyone has their reasons, and that's understandable.

So far, I've invested a lot of time, and some money. Come Monday, it will be a lot more money though as I finalize counts, and logistics, supplies, etc.

Quite honestly, we only have 11 confirmed registrations and 14 total attending (via guests/spouses/partners)

This is a meetup for the community. As such, I pose the question, are you in, or out, and for those that are in and have registered, shall we continue? I'm fine with shifting on the fly, but I want not one person to come out expecting one thing and getting another.

Therefore, if you have registered, let's hear your opinions below.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just signed in and will be there Saturday morning. I had a hard time finding the sign up sheet. That's what took me so long.

My opinion on the matter is simple.

For 10 or so people, I think it's hardly worth your while doing any of this, Rick. However, being a very kind soul, I'm sure you will want to go through with this. I personally, look forward in meeting you and seeing the old faces again and sharing some good stories, taking pictures and having a sort of free-for-all at a sign shop.

I would like to encourage anyone that is already coming to please post your honest thought so this man isn't putting out more money or time on a wild goose chase for a few to have a good weekend. That's just not fair to him, his family or his business.

Also, I would like to extend an invitation to those that are still thinking about it, to sign up for a great time. The first mixer at Matt's was a blast. Last year at our mixer, we all had lotsa fun and this year looks to be even better. This thing is growing and it could eventually become a huge mixer, annually.

If you can't afford the entire weekend come for one day only, but at least show up and take part in a great way to meet and make friends in your own trade. Rick is opening his entire facility to anyone and everyone to see first hand how they generate signs. I'm sure you'll all want to be a part of this weekend, so sign up now and get your butt off to New Jersey.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
lack of funds and back to back birthday parties for my nieces next weekend require that i stay home....i was really looking forward to seeing everyone again...guess i'll have to wait til next year

BobM

I just got sent home from the doctors with pneumiona. Down and out for 2 weeks.

CheapVehicleWrap

Damn, that is a low turn out.

Is there anyone near NYC who could use free transportation and a bed in a class A 35 foot RV? Could sleep up to 6 more and drive several more. Quick!

Get better Bob!

Jillbeans

Please PM me your mailing address and I will send you out the sign I'm making as a door prize.
I'm sorry you are having such a low turn out.
Hope it's not because I won't be there...you'd think that would be an incentive to show up!
:)
Feel better, Bob.
And next year I will attend, if someone hosts. I done hosted enough shindigs.
Love....Jill

Baz

I will know by tomorow what my final plans are. I am just finishing logistics for my trip since i have to make a pitstop on my way back in New York state.

Typestries

pm on the way!

you rock, BTW!!!

Please PM me your mailing address and I will send you out the sign I'm making as a door prize.
I'm sorry you are having such a low turn out.
Hope it's not because I won't be there...you'd think that would be an incentive to show up!
:)
Feel better, Bob.
And next year I will attend, if someone hosts. I done hosted enough shindigs.
Love....Jill

Baz

It's official ... Just signed up! Will be attending on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing all of you! Now i have to figure what to bring as a door prize :doh:

Vicg

Hey Rick I'd love to come and meet everyone but the next 2 weeks are rough im taking the wedding plunge for the second time this coming weekend . so will be unavailable for a couple weeks.
Vic

surf city

Up untill about a month ago I was really looking forward to this event. I'm sure it will be a hell of alot of fun but, I am now scheduled to have both my hips replaced on Oct. 4 instead of sometime in November so I have a ton of stuff to get done before hand as I won't be able to do all that much for about 3 months or so. I hope everyone has a blast and hope to be able to go next year if someone has something.

Big House Signs

I am really looking forward to it...trust me when I say I 've flip flopped back and forth. I have an event here on Friday night and Sunday afternoon my russian exchange student from a few years ago is visiting. And then there's the money, blah blah blah. But I so think this is worth it. Locally there is so much competition and attitudes among sign makers...but at Signs 101 and these meets, everyone wants to help each other and the comradeship is just lovely. Can't wait to see everyone.

Tim Aucoin

I wish more than anything that I could be there this year. Rick, I had showed initial interest and fully intended to come, but I must apologize for not making it. I truly am sad that I will not be there.
Between business trips and how busy we've become in the last two months (that's why I haven't posted much lately also...), it's just not feasible. It also doesn't help that I'm in the middle of dealing with a customer who's stiffing us for $15K!!

Jill... Kudos to you for providing the door prize again! I really, really want to win one of your creations one of these years! Hopefully next year circumstances will be different and the turn out will be bigger and better!

Rick... if this does end up happening, please PM me as soon as you know. I'd like to donate a prize again this year (a new Apple iPod Nano). Although I can't be there with it, I'd still like a draw to be held for it and I'll send it to the winner.

Have fun everyone who attends and have a drink on me! :toasting:

Boomer

My wife and I are registered and hope that anyone that can make it,does.We haven't been to anything like this yet and are looking forward to meeting new people and learning from any of you.We are looking forward to the weekend wether it be just a few or many.

CheapVehicleWrap

Ouch Surf, how that goes well for you! I wonder how that compares to both knees which isn't all that bad. Thing is with these replacement parts they only have so much mileage and even less if one is overweight. And they're built to military specs in the US. I have several $7k+ ones on my desk as paperweights. A microscope scratch and they are tossed. I remember my Mom had ones her company made put in the second time.

surf city

Wraps, thanks, must be the Jersey water. Yeah not so much fun I had the left hip done 2 years ago and it has never been right and now they tell me it's part of the Johnson and Johnson hip recall. Woops don't mean to threadjack I don't want Gino to come by my house on his way to Rick's and kick my ass.