• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Okay, what's it gonna take to..............................................

Like as is, or more sign content ??

• Total voters

netsol

Premium Subscriber
View attachment 157793 Oh sh*t, I have one of these in the attic. Also the ever classic 3m overhead projector that my generation is most familiar with. Mine is probably the same brand as this one, though I think its boxier, same shade of teal.
I also have a stack of old work propaganda posters that are straight out of the 80's, been meaning to dig them out and digitize them...

Yeah, did you guys have the nifty wing-dings sort of module for the pirate flag? I had that and a black flag on my old land yacht back in the day, always dreamed of making a helm shaped steering wheel for that beauty!

Oh it's a solid build, don't let the stupid video fool ya. We screw the retainer on, cut and miter lengths with a radial arm saw, and weld it up using pole clamps and c clamps. Cabinet depth is (desired depth - 4 7/32"). If it is any sort of sign with over 4 square feet, it gets a pole and steel saddles top and bottom like usual.
One primary benefit is making something look like an extruded cabinet at any depth, without paying for absurd flimsy extrusion that needs a subframe anyways. UL hasn't had any issue with it, sent some out of state without anybody even commenting on it. It's a good deal cheaper to stock than all sorts of extruded cabinet depths, just sticks of this and sheets of .090 aluminum (a 5x10 gives you 3 10' lengths that will build 24" deep cabinet's sides). We've even cut and grooved 090 like you would acm, (gussetted and welded corners as well) and built single sided wall signs with it.
I'll get you a few shots of a build next time one's in the works if ya like.
jBURTON
i haven't seen one of those in 30 or 40 years
do you have to crank the wooden handle to make the bulb light?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Which one did the customer choose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They haven't seen it yet. I was only going to show them one... The first one is what I did for the customer. I came up with the other options for fun, for this.

Stacey K

I like making signs
1644634447752.png

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
So, in checking in on the poll results, layout was in the lead, but installation has surpassed layout.
Installers are up on Deck. GO!

Retro Graphics

....... get some real meat & potatoes going in this forum and I ain't talkin' meatloaf and mashed w/gravy.

Can we get back to R E A L sign discussions ??

Enough already about all the quick 'get arounds' and DIY projects. This is a sign forum and a professional one at that and it would be nice if there were sign discussions and questions.

This place is nothing more than a glorified mechanics shop for basement dwellers. We can do better than that.
i happen to like my basement... I renovated it just for my business. of course I also have the garage for auto stuff too.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nothing wrong working outta your basement or bedroom. Lotsa people do it. However, it's not a very progessional appearance. Regardless of however you decorate the place, it's hard to convince someone that you are capable of putting up a 25' pylon sign or lettering a fleet of 10 trucks with a straight face standng in your basement or backyard with the kids toys strewn all around and you're cutting the grass. Do you have proper licenses displayed ?? Do you have a driveway separating home and business transactions ?? Do you have a washer and dryer at one end of your office ?? Do you have proper insurances to conduct business in your dining room ?? Do you have a business restroom setup for handicapped in your basement ?? How legally are you REALLY set up for business ?? Be honest.

John Miller

Sorry for the poor quality photo, I shot it in the evening while walking my dogs. Is it me or should there be a ton more kerning between the letters? I didn't get this job which is less than 1/2 mile from my house. is it sour grapes or bad layout?

Attachments

• walsh.jpg
    walsh.jpg
    990 KB · Views: 142

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sorry for the poor quality photo, I shot it in the evening while walking my dogs. Is it me or should there be a ton more kerning between the letters? I didn't get this job which is less than 1/2 mile from my house. is it sour grapes or bad layout?
Looks like they used Adobe's default 'intermediate' tracking setting to me.

It is pretty tight for no apparent reason.