• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Our new website is up and running!

fmg

Google homepage has an interesting concept that you might want to look at. It's kind of on your tip!

iSign

If I simply just did what the average everyday web designer did, what separates me from them?

I just have to say that was an extremely insightful answer, and much like John Deaton's post & your reply..

many here might look at your site through the eyes of what they might want in a site.... but while some of what you "sell" might be the same as some of what a lot of others here sell... you also sell websites... and naturally that would factor in to why things that might no make sense for the rest of us, might have critical value to you!

Dan Antonelli

Once I'm in the gallery, having clicked on a thumb, it navigates fine for me - but I might prefer to have thumbs on buttom. I know you maybe want it in flash, but I'm honestly very happy with ours now being content driven with CMS instead. I also like on ours how I can tell a client to go to a specific one, or I can use a URL to reference to a specific logo. Right now on yours you couldn't do that, and instead if you are on the phone trying to direct them to the 40th logo, it's a little hard for them to find it.

Like you said Joe, you will never please everyone. It's a shame but sometimes you have to design for the lowest common denominator - which is a small business owner, who may not be as into technology as we might like. I think we try to design more assuming that the person navigating is pretty clueless.

By the way, I haven't seen a lot of those logos you posted, but there's some killer work there. Great stuff Joe-

Tony Teveris

Very cool Joe.
When I went to the Signs and Murals page I got and error using explorer 8 which states:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SearchToolbar 1.2; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 00:22:08 UTC

Line: 28
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://diazmedia.net/wp-content/themes/diazmedia/js/Agency_FB_400.font.js?ver=1.3.2

Just thought you should know.

Joe Diaz

Very cool Joe.
When I went to the Signs and Murals page I got and error using explorer 8 which states:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SearchToolbar 1.2; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; MDDC; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 00:22:08 UTC

Line: 28
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://diazmedia.net/wp-content/themes/diazmedia/js/Agency_FB_400.font.js?ver=1.3.2

Just thought you should know.

Thanks for the get, That is the javascript that replaces my headers fonts with a custom font. I'm not sure why it is giving that error, as it is a generated script, but the javascript is working properly on explorer 8 and pretty much all other commonly used browsers, if by chance it didn't the font would change back to the default arial.

but I'm honestly very happy with ours now being content driven with CMS instead.
The block gallery actually does work with our CMS, The new gallery isn't but given some time I should be able to set that up to work with our CMS too.

Last edited:

cartar929

Joe I like the site, but every time I click to a new page it takes a while to load. You might want to consider using some sort of loading script to help keep your site from appearing so choppy.

I think the blocks would be better used for something that doesn't display your work, maybe as a widget or a game on your site for visitors to play around with.

You have great work though, nice job.

Marlene

your work is so incredible that you could paste it to the side of a dumpster, take a horrid low res photo of it and make that your page and you still would have a great portfolio. I also think that since you do design websites that having something like the blocks does set you apart from most sites seems logical. they are a little hard to stop playing with and pay attention to, but what the heck.