• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIGNTIME

It's pretty pathetic that 3m won't even put up a response of any sort on here. I mean after reading a couple of pages it's pretty clear that they are taking customers away from the very people they sell their vinyl to along with other products. The least they could do is own up to, hell atleast try to defend themselves.

SIGNTIME

Alos I hope that everyone who reads this thread seriously considers not using 3m product as they are taking away current customers and potential customers from everyone in this industry, not to mention they are charging more for products that do not perform as well as other manufacturers products (cough cough Oracal cough).

brush1

So, there's a ghost from the vinyl? Most likely caused by the sun.. the vinyl doesn't change the color of your car.
I know it can be from the sun but we are talking about full wrap not vinyl cut letters.
It is the same design what I used on another car using different brand vinyl. It was about the same long on it.

brush1

Alos I hope that everyone who reads this thread seriously considers not using 3m product as they are taking away current customers and potential customers from everyone in this industry, not to mention they are charging more for products that do not perform as well as other manufacturers products (cough cough Oracal cough).
I do. Going back to Oracal. Was allways happy. I don't really know why I switched.
Never will use Avery.

HulkSmash

I know it can be from the sun but we are talking about full wrap not vinyl cut letters.
It is the same design what I used on another car using different brand vinyl. It was about the same long on it.

that's odd...
will i see you at the sign show this year again?

brush1

that's odd...
will i see you at the sign show this year again?
It is really odd....I keep scraps and I'm planning to talk with 3M.
I took it around 2 months ago. I was waiting if it will disapier on the sun....but so far is still there.
Not this year but I think next.
I need to move my shop and this is taking all my energy.
I'm looking for new location. Need to move. They will do huge remodeling in the Mall (I'm on the property of Foothills Mall). My shop will be parking lot soon.
Will move to smaller place. 3K sqft is a little to big for one person sign shop. I will finally have reason to do this.
O boy!!!!! all the equipment!!!!
Do you have anyone in mind who can help me to move my 2 Versacamms safe?
I'm not afraid about the rest.....but printers only....

Suz

Hey CheapVehicleWrap,

I don't think 3M is ever going to burn me because I never ended up in their frying pan all the way. Almost though... had one foot in, took the other one out, turned right around and now I'll take the other foot out! :thumb:

Worth mentioning though, I've spent nearly $1,200.00 over the past month on vinyl and most of that was going to be spent on 3M products, but after following this thread, they did not get even one dime.

As mentioned, I am a small potato. But if we all do this, it adds up to a whole bunch-a-potatoes.

So happy to get this info before buying print media. So far, I'm very impressed with the samples I got from Oracal, and that was free stuff! Still playing with them and then I'm gonna plan on buying Oracal for more serious signage and any wrap stuff.

:thankyou: everyone!!!

LOL. Careful, they will continue to try to burn you.

njsigns

Worth mentioning though, I've spent nearly $1,200.00 over the past month on vinyl and most of that was going to be spent on 3M products, but after following this thread, they did not get even one dime.

As mentioned, I am a small potato. But if we all do this, it adds up to a whole bunch-a-potatoes.

I too am small potatoes compared to many of the shops on here - and I've also placed similar orders in the past month for ORACAL vinyl and lam - the only money I've spent on 3m products since this thread appeared would be about $7 on masking tape.

Gene

HulkSmash

I too am small potatoes compared to many of the shops on here - and I've also placed similar orders in the past month for ORACAL vinyl and lam - the only money I've spent on 3m products since this thread appeared would be about $7 on masking tape.

Gene

Doesn't matter how small one is....

All the small Indian tribe are much more powerful then the 1 big Indian chief...

think about it.

Suz

Gene

YAY Gene! I bet though, that the $7.00 for tape was reluctantly spent!
:clapping:

Scott Reynolds

Has anyone sent links to this thread to the big wigs at 3m? I was thinking about searching for a bunch of email address and and sending links tonight. Not only their graphic division, but the main office (headquarters) too.

brush1

"As mentioned, I am a small potato. But if we all do this, it adds up to a whole bunch-a-potatoes".

I think it is a big bag of small potatoes now!!!

rjssigns

This thread has caused a financial impact for 3M. Whether it affects them or not is immaterial to my question: I want to know how much we are not spending with them?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Standing on the fence.... do any of you really think we're all gonna hurt 3M ??

We're like a pimple on an elephant's a$$ in this one.

Go into any office supply store, any post office, any paint store or hardware store and so many other places and look around and see how many 3M products are for sale. Baby, you'll be amazed.

The sign industry could shut down tomorrow and 3M isn't gonna feel a thing. They might notice a slight turn down on their pie charts, but unless you do this collectively and make this front page news, their pocketbooks can take a far larger hit then you realize.

This has got to smack them in the face, not the bottomless pocketbooks.

You're talking like if everyone quite smoking today, the tobacco companies will go out of business tomorrow. Fraid not, folks. The cigarette portion is the smallest item in their business and they knew it for years. Why do you think they back non-smoking clinics and habits ?? They even tell you before you buy a pack, it's probably gonna kill ya. Do you care ??

Yeah, right, we're gonna stop 3M. We'll get pleasantries and lip service, but you aren't gonna hurt them.

brush1

Standing on the fence.... do any of you really think we're all gonna hurt 3M ??

We're like a pimple on an elephant's a$$ in this one.

Go into any office supply store, any post office, any paint store or hardware store and so many other places and look around and see how many 3M products are for sale. Baby, you'll be amazed.

The sign industry could shut down tomorrow and 3M isn't gonna feel a thing. They might notice a slight turn down on their pie charts, but unless you do this collectively and make this front page news, their pocketbooks can take a far larger hit then you realize.

This has got to smack them in the face, not the bottomless pocketbooks.

You're talking like if everyone quite smoking today, the tobacco companies will go out of business tomorrow. Fraid not, folks. The cigarette portion is the smallest item in their business and they knew it for years. Why do you think they back non-smoking clinics and habits ?? They even tell you before you buy a pack, it's probably gonna kill ya. Do you care ??

Yeah, right, we're gonna stop 3M. We'll get pleasantries and lip service, but you aren't gonna hurt them.
You are propably right. It may hurt they reputation a little for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.