• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shop Pics!

CentralSigns

Looks nice T3. Blows my shop away for organization and tidiness. I'd like to stop by in person to see it next visit to the big city. If that's OK. I drove by last month and couldn't stop, too much to do, so little time.

shakey0818

did ya see that shakey... gino tried to send me to bed without any dinner... just for asking dumb questions.

yep, anything more then 5 hours feel like hibernating.

i dont think he gets the time zone thing,cause your like me more likely to go to bed when the suns coming up than before it sets.:ROFLMAO:

WB

I love those racks.. great idea!!. I'll be build some of those. shouldn't take anytime with the CNC table

iSign

what some people, with or without a CNC, seem to fail to realize is that even with Herman's plans... if you are a successful sign business owner, you (and your CNC) should be able to make a few signs, profitting over $730, in LESS time, with LESS material costs...

now, making your own tools is fun, but bashing the price of good tools, or overlooking the brilliant ( and copyright protected) design that YOU DIDN'T DESIGN is not making all the claims of cheap knockoff alternatives...

Design your own like phototec or go bang out a $750 profit on some quick easy signs and considering throwing a little support out to other design/build professionals for a change!

Tim Aucoin

what some people, with or without a CNC, seem to fail to realize is that even with Herman's plans... if you are a successful sign business owner, you (and your CNC) should be able to make a few signs, profitting over $730, in LESS time, with LESS material costs...

now, making your own tools is fun, but bashing the price of good tools, or overlooking the brilliant ( and copyright protected) design that YOU DIDN'T DESIGN is not making all the claims of cheap knockoff alternatives...

Design your own like phototec or go bang out a $750 profit on some quick easy signs and considering throwing a little support out to other design/build professionals for a change!

:thumb::thumb::clapping::clapping::goodpost:

Tim Aucoin

I'm gonna attempt to answer all your questions Gigi! If I leave anything out, you'll have to come up her and give me heck in person, k? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

pic 1:
what's that clamp doing there on the side of the shelf (me likey clamps, looks like a stanley)
does that tape on the floor define the office space (like Les Nesman)
what's hiding under that clear plastic cover

ok not really gonna pellet you with questions that dumb, but i don't know what a lot of you machines are so i'm sure most of my questions will sound dumb

It's an Irwin Quick Grip clamp. It's just hanging out till I need it. I have a few clamps around just in case... you never know!

The tape on the floor... Actually, it's Hurricane tape covering cables so I don't trip and hit my head on the clamp!! It's great, sticky and does a fine job at covering the cables for me! On a side note, I like the Les Nesman office definition idea... think I'll have people "knock" if they want to talk to me! :clapping:

Under the clear plastic cover... that's my Brother SC2000 USB Stamp Creator Pro for making fast, custom self-inking stamps. I sell around 5-10 stamps per month.

pic 2:
is that the HP Latex?
what's that orange machine next to it?
(never mind, asked and answered)
Yes, that's the Phenomenal, amazing, wonderful HP Latex!!!
pic 3:
i'd like more info on that cutter!
Excalibur 3000 substrate trimmer/cutter. Purchased that around 6 years ago when I got our first "wide" format (42") Epson printer and customers wanted prints mounted on foam board. Has the standard blade holder for cutting soft substrates such as foam board, coro, ultraboard, etc... and it has another cut system (at the very top) that comes down to cut more rigid substrates like PVC, Dibond, etc...

pic 4:
oh yeah baby... thems some niiiiice racks! casters and all
how come some have little hockey stick ends.... handles?
The "hockey sticks" on the ends are actually part of the cool "rodless" system. This rack only holds 54" rolls and they lift off and attach back on quickly and easily. When I remove a roll, the "hockey stick" pivots to the open position ready to accept a roll. When I go to place the roll back on the rack, I place the right side over the post and rest the left side on the "hockey stick" and it pivots back into storage position holding the roll firmly in place. I'll have to video tape the action one day! :rolleyes:

pic 5:
what the machine against the wall on the right?
If it's the pic I think... that's a 60" rotary trimmer.

pic 6:
what that machine???? a laser engraver?
No... the bottom one is an Epson PP100 CD/DVD Publisher. It burns and prints CD's/DVD's in mass volume. Holds 100 blanks. Burns and prints 100 in around 2 hours. The top machine is a Persona C30 plastic (ID) card printer.

pic 7:
what are those things that look like speakers?
That is a Fargo HDP5000 High Def Plastic Card (ID) printer (right piece) with an attached laminator (left piece). This particular plastic card printer prints full color, edge to edge cards and can laminate with basic laminant or holographic over laminant for higher security. The C30 card printer I mentioned earlier does only 1 (spot) color at a time and cannot print to the edge of the card. I do some of full color front & black back "gift" cards, loyalty cards, etc... for my restaurant customers. It doesn't get used too much lately, but 3 years ago I bought it specifically to do a $5000 job for a customer. That job paid for the equipment and netted a $1800 profit. Since then, I've done around $10,000 in sales on it.

pic 8:
foreground, obviously printers, but i'm curious what each is for
what's the machine in the background by the phone
Foreground... the closest one is the Gerber EnVision Plotter that (obviously) compliments the other piece which is the Gerber Edge FX printer!

Machine in the background by the phone is a Titan 200 Paper Cutter with light beam cut line and false clamp plate. Programmable... holds up to 999 programs with 100 cuts per program. Installed in April of this year. Just under 14K for that toy!

pic 9 & 10:
i'm goooood
Yes, you are! :clapping:

pic 11:
ok need info on both... is that Snap-on a compressor? (another clamp, gotta know what that one's job is too?
Yes, it's a Snap-on compressor! The compressor is used for the piece of equipment to the left of it which is a Graphic Whizard Creasemaster Plus. It does Strike Scoring of digitally printed product and also has a Strike Perf and an Impact Perf option built in which I use for one specific customer. That's an expensive little piece (more than the paper cutter), and it get's used almost daily!
Just to the left of this machine is the Graphic Whizard GW8000E Numbering Machine with dual numbering heads.

The clamp... well, it's just hanging out too!
pic 12:
i'm jealous of your big squeegee collection!!!!
Oh, don't be jealous... it's not as big a collection as it looks. Pictures can do that you know! :tongue: Those beauties save me so much time and headache!

last question.... can i come play in your shop?
You are welcome to come play in my shop anytime Gigi! :loveya::Big Laugh If you're ever in the Calgary area or ever have the urge to visit Canada, I'd be honored to play tour guide for you and your family!

Tim Aucoin

actually, i had a lot more, but didn't want to look tooo dumb. i probably should have tried a little harder.

i really don't know anything about printers... i out source all mine... but i'm still curious. like to know which ones do what.

Ask away... I'm all ears!
I'm going home now! Going to see "Super 8" tonight... looks goooood!!!
I'll check in on the weekend and answer more questions for ya Gigi!!

Attachments

• timears.jpg
    timears.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 85

GypsyGraphics

aaaaand THAT'S why i love Tim!!!!

ha ha... gino (wtbn)

sneaking a peaking during working hours... gotta go hang a bunch of event banners... but i'll be back :clapping:

iSign

Tim, in your answer to #8 I think, you mentioned gift cards...

What is your minimum, do they work on magnetic striping, and how complex is it to offer these to my clients... Perhaps as a promotional prize etc? Would you sell them to S101 folks if the minimum isn't too high?