• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shovelhead

Replicator

Big Al "Shovelhead" Tortorici . . .

It is with great sorrow that I reflect upon our banter and our friendship both on Signs101 and on FB.

Although we never met in person, you are someone who I consider to be a friend.

my thoughts are with you daily as you travel through this journey, and when the time comes that you can no longer carry yourself,

please know that I will carry you, in my heart, my thoughts and throughout the rest of my life.

Best to you my Friend.

~Marc

Rodi

Gonna miss Al,

He could make friends with people who did not agree with him one iota. Al loved typography, and that was a strong bond, even more than our shared views on politics.

Won't be good times for a while... Just saddened.

Baz

Very sad news....

Life is so short ... That's why it's important to tell the ones whom you care about that you love them.

R.I.P. Shovelhead ... Thought's and prayers to the ones close to you ...

Steve C.

Just hearing about Al. What a shock. He was a good friend and worked with me testing my fonts for some time. Thanks
for your friendship and encouragement Big Al.
You will be greatly missed. Seriously One Of a Kind, without a doubt. Love you man!

skyhigh

At a major loss for anything meaningful to say.

A few things that are running thru my mind....
- A man that was blessed by many friends
- I believe he said (paraphrase).... He was comfortable in a ripped up harley shirt, and just as comfortable in a tux....and he did both well.
- Genuine, and always willing to help a friend.
- Unique in both work, and his personal life.
- Bada$$ (looking anyways) that loved his Mom, his little pets and cooking. I always smiled when I saw his facebook picture hugging the little shiatsu. (true to oneself). You rock!!!

He was taken away too soon, but his time here was blessed....as were we by knowing him.

Miss ya Big Al.

Joe Diaz

He once threatened to beat me up if we ever met in person. He probably could have. :omg: It's funny I can't even remember what the argument was about. He had a strong personality, and sometimes I can be a bit of an a$$. Of course as time went on we both acted as if there was no trivial argument to begin with, and shared many good discussions about this trade we all love so much. You know how guys can be. We don't tend to hold grudges for very long. Now I would gladly take that bloody nose from our friend Shovelhead, if he could just be back here with us. Thoughts and prayers are being sent his family's way.

R.I.P.

Craig Sjoquist

Been great reading your comments & threads surely in person your more then a awesome human, smile cause your are better man then most & will be well remembered as such.

ProWraps

ive checked this thread no less than 100 times a day since it was posted. always hoping for better news.

damn. we fought like cats and dogs when i got on here.

and we bonded over one of them.

im so sad. im without words.

ugh. im crying.

sorry man. god speed.

Stevo

I'm shocked! I found out 2 days ago he was fighting cancer. RIP Shove! You will be missed.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
So sad hearing this news about Al, he was a great guy with lots of personality.Your gonna be missed big guy, see you on the other side boss Rest in Peace brother

iSign

Al was a larger-than-life character who was well loved & thoroughly respected...
Glad I got to have the chance to be influenced, and inspired by such a unique individual!

slipperyfrog

Rest in Peace Al. You will be missed by all who knew you. I am thankful for the knowledge I gained from his posts here on Signs 101.