• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs101 WRAP CONTEST

Smacka

I sense lawsuit? Anyone else?

Highly doubt it considering it is a recreation of another image. But I can see you would think that on first impression.

And yes shop wrap are out but it was my personal vehicle so I decided to throw it up anyway. And yes, it is hard to make minivans look cool.

grafixemporium

Highly doubt it considering it is a recreation of another image. But I can see you would think that on first impression.

And yes shop wrap are out but it was my personal vehicle so I decided to throw it up anyway. And yes, it is hard to make minivans look cool.

Tell it to the judge. That wrap and business brand is a lawsuit waiting to happen...whether you drew the image or not. The likeness of the Incredible Hulk is not your intellectual property. Profiting from an image that does not belong to you is a problem and will most definitely bite you in the *** sooner or later.

Smacka

Tell it to the judge. That wrap and business brand is a lawsuit waiting to happen...whether you drew the image or not. The likeness of the Incredible Hulk is not your intellectual property. Profiting from an image that does not belong to you is a problem and will most definitely bite you in the *** sooner or later.

Not really wanting to go down this road but, maybe you should look up copywright derivitives and fair use. I'll post it for you if you like.:corndog:

Border

^^^^ :popcorn:
and.....here we go

Too bad I can't enter one. I've been subbing out ally my large format printing to Chris at AZPro Signs but I design and install them myself.

Yes, I'll have some cheese with my whine!

J Hill Designs

...and:

To be copyrightable, a derivative work must be different enough from the original to be regarded as a "new work" or must contain a substantial amount of new material.

YOU GOT THE @#$% HULK .. HOW CAN YOU SAY ITS NEW

Pat Whatley

He doesn't have to. He's found what he thinks is a loophole in the law and he's exploiting it. It doesn't matter what you say, you're not going to change his mind.

Now this is what I would consider a derivative piece of Hulk artwork (and I just ordered the t-shirt)

Attachments

• hulkkoolaid.jpg
    hulkkoolaid.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 105

ProWraps

He doesn't have to. He's found what he thinks is a loophole in the law and he's exploiting it. It doesn't matter what you say, you're not going to change his mind.

Now this is what I would consider a derivative piece of Hulk artwork (and I just ordered the t-shirt)

killing two copyright violations with one stone. loves it.

HulkSmash

Ha, I love it. Another "so I called you out thread", don't get yourselves too worked up.

If the wrong person saw this, they could get you in big trouble. Be thankful we let you know ahead of time, and now you can fix it! By the way, did you know your I in Signs is upside down? :toasting: