• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs2Trade

psbc2009

Found out today that Signs2trade owns a retail .com sign shop. Not sure I like that??
Thought they were a strictly trade printer.

psbc2009

I will take a look when i get a minute. Probably not a big deal - I guess? Struck me a little funny, however I find more suppliers and vendors going after retail all the time.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Think about it for a second........

If all of these so called wholesalers sold to sign shops only, they'd be outta business in no time. There's not near enough work around the country to keep them all busy from sign shops alone. Everyone needs signs, and if the sign industry isn't gonna feed them enough at their low prices, they'll sell to the end-users just the same way the software companies did/do..... and the equipment people did/do. They all do it, but have worded ways around it. If a company tells you they don't do it, it's because you haven't found the right phone number that connects you to their hot-line for end-users.

2B

They have had this for YEARS!!! If I remember correctly eSigns bought I-45 Signs from Houston in 2012 and this is when Signs2Trade really took off, they had been around since 2011? if memory serves

Signs2Trade claims to be "wholesale to the trade only" and their account does have you log in before you can see pricing.
But just like the majority of the other graphic companies they also sell retail, last I looked banners were 2.44 SQFT retail

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The same can be said for just about any sign equipment and supply company you can find. Back in the late 1980's we brought a product out that was aimed at Gerber SignMaker and Sprint plotter owners. The second one we sold was to a car wash in Pennsylvania.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
They have had this for YEARS!!! If I remember correctly eSigns bought I-45 Signs from Houston in 2012 and this is when Signs2Trade really took off, they had been around since 2011?

I think you have it reversed. I-45 Signs bought eSigns.

10sacer

WS Display also runs San Diego Sign Company - thats their retail side.
When you do the math - their wholesale discounts aren't very good compared to their retail pricing.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Think about it for a second........

If all of these so-called wholesalers sold to sign shops only, they'd be outta business in no time.

FireSprint has been in business for 8 years now. (6 years as a Trade Only Supplier) We are strictly wholesale to the trade except for two scenarios:

1. I print signs for my lawn guy and he mows my lawn in exchange. (I know I'm lazy, but I hate mowing)
2. We donate signs to a local spaghetti feed once a year and a few other charity donations.

When we switched to trade only, we referred away all our existing non-trade customers in about a 6 month period. It was hard but it was worth it.

As a trade supplier, there are certain costs we just don't have that retail shops have, and we pass those savings on.

Signs2trade/eSigns is a great company, and if you don't work with FireSprint, you should at least work with them, but it is possible to have a trade only business model as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
FireSprint has been in business for 8 years now. (6 years as a Trade Only Supplier) We are strictly wholesale to the trade except for two scenarios:

1. I print signs for my lawn guy and he mows my lawn in exchange. (I know I'm lazy, but I hate mowing)
2. We donate signs to a local spaghetti feed once a year and a few other charity donations.

When we switched to trade only, we referred away all our existing non-trade customers in about a 6 month period. It was hard but it was worth it.

As a trade supplier, there are certain costs we just don't have that retail shops have, and we pass those savings on.

Signs2trade/eSigns is a great company, and if you don't work with FireSprint, you should at least work with them, but it is possible to have a trade only business model as well.

There are exceptions to all the rules. You must be one of a few that don't.

I have no idea of your volume.... or your overhead, but once you hit a certain level, you'll hafta reach further out. It's almost the nature of the beast. Gemini does it, Fellers does it, all the print machine manufactures/distributors do it, the software companies do it, the vinyl companies and just about anything else, relating to our industry. Once an industry becomes saturated, it has to expand it's horizons and while you still don't have to..... almost all the others do. Oh, and by the way..... nothing wrong with bartering to get things. That's a very creative way of handling much needed services.

I've heard nothing but good about your company and your level of help and expertise on this site is top notch. I wish you all the best and that you can fulfill your nitch of remaining trade-only. :thumb:

fresh

there is a local "wholesale to trade" shop not to far from me. I only used them twice before one of my clients asked me to pricematch them...because they advertise their prices online, in the open, and allow non-trade accounts to order at those prices.

so nope, can support that crap.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
there is a local "wholesale to trade" shop not to far from me. I only used them twice before one of my clients asked me to pricematch them...because they advertise their prices online, in the open, and allow non-trade accounts to order at those prices.

so nope, can support that crap.

LOL well they aren't lying when they say they are wholesale to trade. They just didn't mention they are wholesale to non-trade as well. Lame

signs2trade

Hello.. 4 years ago I-45 Signs merged with eSigns.com. A year later we created signs2trade so we could help other sign companies provide products to their customers that they might not be able to produce in house. We keep the companies separate. S2T only sells to the trade. Most companies have a wholesale and retail side. We take our wholesale customers very seriously. We vet all companies applying for a wholesale account. You must provide your resale certificate before you are approved. You will never see us selling to the end user at the same prices we sell to retailers. Please ask about our service to other members on this site. You have no worries with us.... I have 18 years of good reputation that I will not damage.
Thank you for your business
Keith

signs2trade

NOte .. we started as retail.. Not many shops have 3 meter and 5 meter printing capabilities, and with roughly 5 million dollars worth the printers we wanted to expand our customer base and keep these printers running.....

Marlene

I wish that Labels 2 Trade part of the business would come back! so much better than Stouse or Gill. I loved that I could have roll stock at a good price in sizes I wanted