• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Simple carved sign

SignManiac

This is for a subdivision entrance sign. They called me and said the sign they had before was vandalized and stolen. The only thing there was the two posts. I designed this to fit between the post. It's 2'h. x 3'w. and double faced. All material is PVC with simple v-carved name and embellishments.

Install took 10 minutes.

Attachments

• Villa Deste.JPG
    Villa Deste.JPG
    419.7 KB · Views: 125

signgal

This is for a subdivision entrance sign. They called me and said the sign they had before was vandalized and stolen. The only thing there was the two posts. I designed this to fit between the post. It's 2'h. x 3'w. and double faced. All material is PVC with simple v-carved name and embellishments.

Install took 10 minutes.

sexy as usual, maniac! We use PVC too but I was discouraged from using it from someone in the "biz". Do you find it warps or anything? We haven't...

SignManiac

sexy as usual, maniac! We use PVC too but I was discouraged from using it from someone in the "biz". Do you find it warps or anything? We haven't...

In the right situation, it's a good material. Like all materials, you need to know when and how to use them. Up north I wouldn't use it for a substrate due to the freezing temperatures, it can shatter like glass from the cold.

In the south you can run into serious expansion and contraction issues if you paint it a dark color. It's taken years to figure out how to use it for the best situation. It's a versatile material.

wes70

Looks great! I love the simplicity.

As Signgal mentioned, there are those that are opposed to using pvc for outdoor signage. I have used 10mil and 13mil pvc for over 10 years without any failures or problems.

Curious, how do you get a smooth finish for the v-carved letters, considering pvc is so porous? When I do pvc edges, I have to sand and prime and repeat.

Marlene

looks nice. you are lucky to be able to use PVC. where I am, it can be below zero in the morning and 80 by the afternoon so it isn't a good idea for materials. I do use it for inside projects

SignManiac

Sand if necessary, several coats of paint. I don't shoot for a perfectly smooth finish but I do make sure it's sealed good to keep the sign from building up mildew.