• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Snowing :)

iSign

we are having some extreme weather conditions this week too... National Geographics has 2 helicopters here filming the huge surf conditions 20 minutes from my shop. This is a rare event at this location, where conditions are not perfect-stormy enough except maybe once a year, and when they are... these wave form too fast to paddle a surfboard into, so this wave (affectionately known as "Jaws") is where a new twist on an old sport was invented when a few local big-wave surfers first tried "tow-in surfing" by using a jet ski & a tow rope to get a surfer into just the right spot at just the right speed to catch these monster waves. This shot was yesterday!

jaws.jpg

For more of the story, check the local news!

iSign

while I'm at it, this is another good shot from yesterday!

I've been down there several times over the years (on the cliffs that is), but I'm thinking of knocking off early & going there this afternoon... it's supposed to be bigger than yesterday!

jaws2.jpg

SOA

holy crap man that wave is HUGE!! i'd love to try surfing but the UK sucks for nice beaches! been weeks of rain here :(

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Those are some waves Doug, photos look like they were taken out of the trailer for the "2012" movie.
Its 87 and sunny here......

wayne k
guam usa

Idea Design

Had to go south of our town about 120 miles. Some snow but mostly just cold as I mentioned before.

bbbrrr.....

Attachments

• brr2.jpg
    brr2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 92

Dave Drane

I played golf with friends today who had rellies come out from Canada. -33 degrees celsius when they left...Arrived in Brisbane queensland, +33 degrees celsius. Sounds nice but add in the humidity and the drought and bush fire danger and it is not.

gabagoo

The storm arrived at 2am this morning. How do I know this? cause I woke up again...jeeeezzz. In any case I had my alarm set for 5:30 as I am not driving to work with all the newbie snow drivers. Amazingly at 6am I was not the only one who had this idea as the roads were pretty busy for such an early hour. Heavy wet snow = lots of slushy slippery driving. Was sort of fun driving in zigging and zagging my way through tire tracks...yippeee. Going home will be a different story later on. A 20 minute in dry conditions should take probably 60 - 90 minutes if this stuff doesnt stop falling

Bigdawg

Just Me
Keep the snow... 80 here...

which is why I live in Sunny Florida... even if it is gonna get cold tonight... clear down to 55 or so...

SignManiac

Most of the snow we get here in Florida is in the Miami area and comes up from the tropics of South America. Otherwise its a balmy 70 degrees out.