• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

so caled customer screwing me around

gabagoo

I fell into a trap of my own making about 60 days ago. I did some work for a fellow renter in my unit for a tradeshow he had coming up. Naturally because he was my neighbour I did not take a deposit but charged him in full COD when we were done and he paid. While I was in his unit the few times I went in, there was this fellow there and I naturally assumed he worked there. Seemed like an IT guy, always doing stuff with the comps.
In any case this guy comes over and he is quite friendly and tells me that he needs some signs for his girlfriends cafe she is opening, so I discuss it with him and he wants to get these black glass write on boards that have lighting in them that make the fleurescent markers light up. We could find none and those we found were 12 weeks back ordered so he calls me on a Thursday and tells me that a sign supplier he found on the internet has the regular non lit cheap versions. I told him they would not sell to him but if he wanted them to call me and tell me what he wanted Friday morning and I would put 25% markup on it as a favour for him. He never called Friday morning and then at 4:50 in the afternoon he calls me and tells me he is at this supplier and they wont sell to him. I told him they wouldn't and he was supposed to call me. He says he was swamped and forgot ,so I said OK pick what you want and get them to call me when payment was needed. They called and as annoyed as I was at what he did I told them to put it on my Visa. He told me he would be in Monday morning to pay me. You know where this is going. Yea stupid me!!!
I figured he worked for this guy and I would get my money from his boss if necessary. Well he didn't work for him but did some computer work for these guys. In any case Monday came and went and he never showed up. Long story even longer, when we called his cell it would automatically go to some strange answering device which would hang up on you so we kept calling and then he calls back screaming at us as to why we called 7 times... OK now I know I am going to have trouble with this guy. I told him to come in and pay me or at least give me your Visa and we will do it over the phone. No he will come in he says. No show!!! I see his car (Audi A4) parked over at the neighbours so I go down there and we verbally talk it over in this guys unit, which I felt uncomfortable about and asked him to come to my unit. He came over, told me he was going to the bank and would be back to pay me.....never showed.... no phone call, nothing. I knew he wouldn't be back. Now this cat and mouse crap has gone on for weeks now and it is obvious to me that I have been scammed by this dink.
Today I see his car parked there, so I thought about it and I retaliated. I got into my car and parked right in front of his car so he could not exit the parking lot. As I was walking back to my unit he comes out and starts giving me every excuse he could as to why he cant pay me. I said my car is going to stay there until I decide to go home, what you gonna do about it. He says he will call the police. I said fine, good cause I want some of your personal info so I can serve you with papers. We start walking and either he is the stupidest %$^% I have ever met or he really thinks I am going to back off. I told him I am not listening to any more lies. he then says he may have the money Friday. I said nope, I aint moving the car, so he says OK here take my watch as colateral. It was a Tag Heure and the first thing I said was, This is a fake!!!. he said it was real. So I said OK fine I want to see you Friday or I will hawk the watch. I moved my car and then took the watch inside and looked it over. I have seen many fakes but this one may be the real deal. The back has a glass opening and you can see the automatic winder and the watch workings so maybe it is real. You think I canget in trouble if by Friday he does not come in and sometime in the next few weeks I try to unload the watch to make up for the lack of payment?

Last edited:

zmatalucci

nope. no trouble there. no contract on either side, his word vs. yours.
Why would I take a watch on trade judge, I want my money?

Bigdawg

Just Me
Devil's advocate...

"But your honor - he was blocking my car in. Would not let me leave. Told me he wouldn't let me leave unless I gave him money. Sign? Yes sir... I picked it up WITH HIS OKAY directly from his distributor. That didn't have anything to do with my watch. He DEMANDED I give it to him to hold until I pay what he CLAIMS I owe him..."

and +1 for the longest run on sentence.

gabagoo

1. That was the longest run on sentence I have ever seen.

2. Good for you, I hope it's real !

sorry Rep, I know it was bad but I had to get it all out while I could remember. Countless spelling errors too but I blame that on this darned laptop lol

grafixemporium

Can I get a paragraph break please!

Seriously. I gave up about halfway through. It was making my head hurt trying to read it!

B Snyder

Find out if its real or fake. Visit a TAG dealer or post pics on watchuseek.com There are lots of "how to identify a fake XYZ" articles on the web. I'm a bit of a WIS (Watch Idiot Savant) but know little about TAG Heuer.
If it's real tell the guy you're going to sell it and if it's not worth as much as he owes you he'll still owe you the difference.

gabagoo

Devil's advocate...

"But your honor - he was blocking my car in. Would not let me leave. Told me he wouldn't let me leave unless I gave him money. Sign? Yes sir... I picked it up WITH HIS OKAY directly from his distributor. That didn't have anything to do with my watch. He DEMANDED I give it to him to hold until I pay what he CLAIMS I owe him..."

and +1 for the longest run on sentence.

wtf ? Ok I get what u mean but he offered it. I think he thought I would say no keep it, just pay me Friday.
I know Friday will come and go and he wont be anywhere with my dough.

Pat Whatley

You know, there are people out there who literally get their rocks off by making people put up with that kind of bullshit to get paid. It's like a game to them to see if they can frustrate you to the point you just give up.

I wouldn't hock the watch just yet, sounds like a trap like Stacey said. Next time you catch him you'd be better served getting a copy of his license or a post dated check.

Si Allen

It would have been much simpler to have sent the "Vinny, Emilio and Baseball Bat Collection Agency" in the 1st place!

gabagoo

It would have been much simpler to have sent the "Vinny, Emilio and Baseball Bat Collection Agency" in the 1st place!

yea, I hear there are guys who take a good chunk of dough, but get the job done. Unfortunately I do not know the legal technicalities of selling off accounts to bikers. Cant be good.

BadAss

yea, I hear there are guys who take a good chunk of dough, but get the job done. Unfortunately I do not know the legal technicalities of selling off accounts to bikers. Cant be good.
Hey!! Wait a minute,,, I resemble that remark...

Patrick46

I think I wouldda gotten his drivers license from him for collateral as well as the watch.

actually, I've had dealings (for lack of a better term) with jerks like this before...and when he called from the suppliers I would have told him to forget it. too late now. hope it works out for ya.

Did you learn anything??????

grafixemporium

OK... I read it. Wish I didn't. Gabagoo, you're an idiot.

For those of you who don't want to read the nonsense he posted up above, let me summarize it for you. Gabagoo gave someone his credit card over the phone to pay for something for some random guy who happened to be in his neighbor's business one day. When that random guy didn't pay him back, Gabagoo resorted to physical threats and extorsion. Gabagoo got random guy's watch. Also, Gabagoo needs to learn how to write a complete sentence.

John L

Maybe it would have been better and quicker to just "tell" him that you are disputing the credit card payment and that the supply house would likely be calling the police with his video image, tag number, etc. very shortly.

Really the supply house and the credit card company did nothing to cause this.. but he sounds like an idiot.