• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

so caled customer screwing me around

gabagoo

OK... I read it. Wish I didn't. Gabagoo, you're an idiot.

For those of you who don't want to read the nonsense he posted up above, let me summarize it for you. Gabagoo gave someone his credit card over the phone to pay for something for some random guy who happened to be in his neighbor's business one day. When that random guy didn't pay him back, Gabagoo resorted to physical threats and extorsion. Gabagoo got random guy's watch. Also, Gabagoo needs to learn how to write a complete sentence.

Your absoulutely right!!! I am an idiot. I have been in businiess for 20 years plus and on rare occassions things like this will happen. In this case he was not a total stranger. In fact he was very personable and sincere from everything I could tell. Now when this guy calls me from the supplier don't think alarm bells went off in my head. I sat for a moment and weighed the circumstances. Now remember at the time I was under the impression that he worked for this neighbour a few units down and felt somewhat safe that I would not have a problem collecting. In fact even afterwards when he would come to discuss he was again very sincere...almost like a conn man I guess. Although the lesson is learned, next time the circumstances will be different again.
As far as him calling the cops..... I hope he does, but he wont, because the cop would simply say "pay the man and you get the watch back". I didn't offer the watch, he did, so I guess he is having financial difficulties.

cptcorn

adad
Here is what I for-see happening...

Your Honor, this man stole my watch. Here is my receipt, and serial number documentation registered in my name. I never bought or ordered any signs from this man. He has no receipt or signed purchase order, by me. This man stole my watch. I want him prosecuted.

I want to per-sue felony theft charges on him.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
yea, I hear there are guys who take a good chunk of dough, but get the job done. Unfortunately I do not know the legal technicalities of selling off accounts to bikers. Cant be good.

We're not all bikers.

Ya know, every now and then, we all let our guard down.... for whatever reasons. You just happened to get caught.... big time.

I would never have handled it the way you did for any customer over the phone like that, however. That was foolish. Please tell us you learned your lesson and we won't see this type repeat itself for at least another two weeks or so........... :Big Laugh

Marlene

sounds like you had a lasp in sanity and messed up. blocking cars and taking watches will only make the whole thing worse.

gabagoo

We're not all bikers.

Ya know, every now and then, we all let our guard down.... for whatever reasons. You just happened to get caught.... big time.

I would never have handled it the way you did for any customer over the phone like that, however. That was foolish. Please tell us you learned your lesson and we won't see this type repeat itself for at least another two weeks or so........... :Big Laugh

done lol

I am only out of pocket $350 or so. The watch might cover it if it is real, but then he may want the watch back so maybe I charge a little interest.

You guys with the doom and gloom that I get charged for stealing his watch. Dont forget when he picked up the stuff, he signed for it, so I have absolutely no worries, besides, he offered it. I didn't wrestle it off his arm. I dont roll that way.

enough said, I never should have posted this, I just thought it was an interesting amusing story to share.

Idea Design

If the amount paid is on your credit card, who's to say he wasn't suppose to bring the signs to you? He decided to run off with the signs that you paid for and you're holding his watch until he brings either the sign blanks or money to cover what you spent on them.

If he plays the poor me victim game, counter with 'he was s'pose to bring those blanks here and never showed up with them.'

Deaton Design

Id take his watch back, and take 350 bucks out of his rump, unless he's a big brute, then I would shoot his tires out. This guys a deadbeat. Whether or not you handled it wrong or right, he's a deadbeat. He had no intentions of paying you from the get-go. Thats how these people live, off everyone elses money.

Sticky Signs

Sh*T happens and we all make mistakes. I'm guessing he's got the money based on the fact that he's driving an Audi. Sounds to me like he just doesn't want to pay. Let us know what happens come Friday.

Bigdawg

Just Me
The original Ms. Doom and Gloom here...

Gabagoo - don't take it personally - I'm just telling you there's more than one way this scenerio could play out... not saying it will... but if he's as smarmy as you say - I would expect an approach like that.

just because he drives an audi and wears a designer watch doesnt mean he's got the money....the wealthiest people i have ever met drive 20yr old cars and well let's just say they are not into fashion...lol...jc penny's would be fancy clothes.

what is the saying? big hat, no cattle....

good luck i hope that you get paid for your signs and that you can put this event behind you sooner than later.

wes70

just because he drives an audi and wears a designer watch doesnt mean he's got the money....the wealthiest people i have ever met drive 20yr old cars and well let's just say they are not into fashion...lol...jc penny's would be fancy clothes.

What is the saying? Big hat, no cattle....

Good luck i hope that you get paid for your signs and that you can put this event behind you sooner than later.

exactly!

Patrick46

say Gabagoo...I'm thinking of purchasing a laminator for my shop...can I 'borrow' your credit card number fer a minute???? :doh: :rock-n-roll:

Kwiksigns

wookie
sell his watch and you can't get caught with it. then when he comes for it, if he comes for it, tell him you'll have it Monday, and so on.

imagep

sell his watch and you can't get caught with it. then when he comes for it, if he comes for it, tell him you'll have it Monday, and so on.

Heck, if you can get more than what was owed out of the watch, I would keep billing the guy and claim that he never gave you the watch (just to screw with him).

Or you could charge him 10% interest a month for pawn fees just like the pawnshop would.