• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

something for thought...

iSign

I was ready to be all meh about it.. being the cynical jerk that I can be, but I liked that a lot.

:thumb:

he cynical jerk that I can be liked it until I learned it was a knock-off version for commercial purposes.. which is ok to a degree.. of course i can relate to commercial "art" ..but I don't know the whole back story yet on how ethically this 'knock-off" version was created.

here is the original:

The story of a sign

This short story winner of the 2008 Cannes Festival shows how the kindness of strangers can have a big impact. Film produced by Alonso Alvarez Barreda.

The music used in the film is "In bicicletta" from the Il Postino (The Postman) soundtrack. Composer is Luis Enriquez Bacalov.

iSign

not sure if you refer to my idiotic banter, or the real question of plagiarism... but in my short search for answers to the plagiarism question, I found that others also want to know

to their credit, I will note that the creator of the video Rex posted, DID in fact cite their source... so I am not jumping to conclusions... but just saying that a moving message, that is offered for commercial purposes, can be very effective (kinda like the intent of the story itself) ...BUT, if there is less creative credit to the commercial beneficiary.. I have to question how beneficial it should, or will be.. and I think a large part of the answer to that will be in the backstory regarding their permission to borrow...

..actually I will retract that... I think the majority of recognition they get will not care about any backstory, so I think it will be effective for them even if the backstory tarnishes their reputation.. but I'm still curious...

oh.. I forgot to mention that my short bit of research revealed another interesting angle that may be even more relevant then I first presumed.. "The story of a Sign" is also being called out as plagiarism, with some saying it should be stripped of it's Cannes award... hmm... would this bring the "public domain" angle into the question?

MikePro

another example of why most things are women's fault...
it was a beautiful day, and she made it rain :)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just how many gals out there carry a Sharpie marker with them at all times? The world is waiting to know...

JB