• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

starting out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Best

Want to start up my own business and want to put together some branding. Looking for professional advice on my first steps. Want to keep it simple for stickers and t shirts. Did not want to put phone numbers or list different things to keep it simple.

Attachments

• bestsignco.jpg
    bestsignco.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 180

reQ

First thing that i don't really like is the dot from "i" on top of b. Other than that i like it, specially when its clean looking stuff!

HDvinyl

Trump 2020
Your tag line will be hard to produce on shirts.(if you intent on wearing company shirts)

It will be hard to read on anything small.

Johnny Best

could be a little misleading calling it a sign company if you intend to do stickers and shirts

I will be a sign company and intend to use the stickers on the back of the signs or in the corner that will be produced and the tshirts will be for myself and helpers when working on job sites. Sorry you were mislead.

Johnny Best

changes

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Got rid of the diamond and the dot and just made it Best Signs.

Attachments

• best2.jpg
    best2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 148

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You could go with something a little more noticeable...................

attachment.php

:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• best signs.jpg
    best signs.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 253

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Got rid of the diamond and the dot and just made it Best Signs.

Having the "good better" in the background is distracting. Why not just keep it simple with straight text and get rid of the extra stuff? If you're planning to put this on decals and shirts, you want something clean, easy to read and easily reproduced at a small size.

Johnny Best

I think I got it...

Worked with a friend of mine who is a designer and came up with this. The star one was my last try and then asked for help.

Attachments

• best3.jpg
    best3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 178
  • best5.jpg
    best5.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 134

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Worked with a friend of mine who is a designer and came up with this. The star one was my last try and then asked for help.

Is his last name designer?
I don't understand how you (or the designer) can't see it.

The star shape is awkward, the tracking on the second one makes it nearly illegible...

You might want to look at any logo lounge book or join logolounge.com for 100 bucks and look for inspiration.

Learn the process...
https://vimeo.com/113751583

SignManiac

Your optical orb is lacking the ability to perceive the subtle distinctions that relate to the visual and graphic compositional elements that make up a good design.

Johnny Best

The star shape is awkward, the tracking on the second one makes it nearly illegible...

You might want to look at any logo lounge book or join logolounge.com for 100 bucks and look for inspiration.

Learn the process...

So I went to that vimeo and saw this logo he did, so this is what I should do. Just put BEST is caps and put it on a piece of wood. Thanks for that information bro.
"you can't see that said the blind man to the deaf man as the lame man led them off".

Attachments

• best6.jpg
    best6.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 157

Rick

So I went to that vimeo and saw this logo he did, so this is what I should do. Just put BEST is caps and put it on a piece of wood. Thanks for that information bro.
"you can't see that said the blind man to the deaf man as the lame man led them off".

So that's what you got out of that?

"You can lead a horse to water..."

Johnny Best

So that's what you got out of that?

"You can lead a horse to water..."

As Frank Gorshin use to say, "if you can lead a horse to water and make him float on his back you've got something".
I thought the logo turned out nice that was completed, you come on and tell me that I don't see something. That is like telling someone their girlfriend is not good looking and I should see that.
And to use another old quote that you seem to like to do. You know what opinions are like...
I am new here and not looking for trouble and would like advice to help. Not having me look at videos or join some club for $100 and report back to you.

r2prints

Learn the process...

Thank you for posting this. I'm always trying to advance my thought process while taking on a design challenge. Comforting to know I already follow some of the same fundamentals as he does while brainstorming.

Thanks!

Rick

As Frank Gorshin use to say, "if you can lead a horse to water and make him float on his back you've got something".
I thought the logo turned out nice that was completed, you come on and tell me that I don't see something. That is like telling someone their girlfriend is not good looking and I should see that.
And to use another old quote that you seem to like to do. You know what opinions are like...
I am new here and not looking for trouble and would like advice to help. Not having me look at videos or join some club for $100 and report back to you.

ummmm, if your logo was your girlfriend, she needs some work....
No need to report back, you did that all on your own...

I actually watched the video... a few times. It's about the process of design.
I happen to like Draplin's his work, and his attitude...

As far at the 100 bucks, I own all the books and am in the club... even have a few on there,
that's some 1000+ investment on my part because I see the value in it... then again, I get
paid quite a bit to design logos... way more than all the books and the site costs for one logo...
another tool in my arsenal I can use to better my skills and service my clients.

Imagine, a seasoned designer taking the time to show someone how to do something or where
to get the imformation.

You are typical of the "Attention all Newbies" thread.
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?58046-Attention-all-newbies

Get some thicker skin, you're gonna need it.

SignManiac

Thank you Rick. I wanted to post that same link but was to lazy to put forth the effort required :) I've kind of given up trying to help those in need. I admire your perseverance and dedication to help those that are graphically challenged. You are a valuable asset to the design community...

Johnny Best

Thick skin

Hey Rick, went and looked at some of your work. Is the bowling alley sign the only thing you have designed. At least I have a girlfriend.
Show something you have accomplished, and let's see how thick your skin is. I am sure signmanic will like whatever you do.

SignManiac

I've seen a lot of Ricks work, and he makes me look like a beginner. He knows more about design fundamentals than I can hope to learn in the rest of my lifetime. You have no idea how silly you are making yourself look here among the many who know and respect Ricks wisdom and talent.

You will cut off your nose to spite your face dude. A wise man will listen carefully when advise is given freely to help those who need it...

Status
Not open for further replies.