• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surgery Early in the Morning

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Being prepped today for surgery finally tomorrow - I go in at 6am. I've been through this 14 times before but am still a quivering mass of nervous energy right now. I KNOW how much pain I will be in this time tomorrow. And their insistence on you getting up off the bed and walking with a fresh 14" long incision in your gut - you feel like you are going to disembowel right then. (Sorry for that visual). It hurts like all the pain in the world hitting you at once. I long ago learned to insist on a bolus dose of morphine first, but it only helps a little. I kind of brought some of this on myself by asking to have my old scar cut out that's kind of huge now and to have my belly button back in center of my stomach (it's off to right side now). At age 57, I still want to look good for the ladies at the beach! The huge scar has been good for some stories. I tell people I used to be a champion bull rider until a bull gored me in the belly. Then I pull up my shirt and watch 'em cringe. Bull riders are highly revered "athletes" in Texas. Okay, I'm starting to ramble like I am already hooked up to the drug pump. Just wanted to vent a little because I am extremely apprehensive knowing the world of hurt that's coming. Y'all be thinkin' of ol' Arlo - okay? Adios.

Marlene

take care and I hope all goes great and you are back at the beach soon making the ladies' heads turn!

signage

Quite worrying Arlo, it will all be over before you know it! Now just think of yourself as the bull rider and man up (JK)! Good luck and hope it isn't as bad as your are thinking! Will keep you in my thoughts!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Best wishes and a speedy painless recovery. Don't worry about the bulls.... they'll still be here for ya when ya get back..............

Jillbeans

I will be thinking of you, Arlo.
I kind of know what you will be experiencing and they do make you get up too soon.
Once the staples come out it's not as bad but it still sucks.
Can you opt for a "bikini cut"?
:)
Hit that morphine trigger whenever it lets you.
Hope you get back to eating/pooping etc without too much of an ordeal.
Love ya....Jill

Bigdawg

Just Me
Good luck to you... hit that pump as often as it will let you. No reason to be in pain when ya' can avoid it.

In my thoughts and prayers Arlo...

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Appreciate the thoughts. Got the gallon jug of salt water laxative chillin' in the fridge. About to begin the four hour drinking of all of it. The stuff gags me horribly. Maybe I need to call someone for medicinal mj? Got the anxiety somewhat under control. Really, I'm wondering how I'm gonna make it a week without logging on here!

dwt

God Bless you and your family. My wife and I will include you in our prayers tonight.

BigfishDM is spot on. You can take his advise when the 'ol liver says you've had enough pharmies. Good luck & speedy recovery:) !

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Wow... what a day of rollercoaster emotions in my family. Everyone is concerned about my 15th major surgery, my oldest nephew just arrived home to his wife and infant son after a 10 month deployment (his 3rd) to Afghanistan. He's a decorated marine who was in Kandahar and the Helmand Province this time kicking Taliban ass. Several of his buddies were killed right beside him. On the same day, his sister (my oldest niece) lost her first baby. I almost feel like scrapping the surgery I hurt so bad for Jennifer and her husband. That's life though - ya take what you're given and plug along. Thanks for listening to me.

signage

Why wont you be able to log onto here? You better have your wife or someone let us know how you are doing! I think not being able to get you S101 fix will be the worst part! Hang in there!