• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surgery Early in the Morning

Si Allen

Damn! Ya been cut on more than me!

Mental attitude will change your perception of the pain! Also instead of Morphine, ask for Oxycontin. (I hate Morphine ... my brain turns into Jello whenever I take it)

If I survived a 24" cut ... from my breastbone, all the way down (repair an aneurysm) .. you can do it too!

Good luck! I'll be pulling for you!

John L

Arlo,

Wishing you the best of luck and praying hard for you to heal quickly and move on along. Getting up afterwards gets you closer to the door so maybe that aint a bad thing. Get er done and let us know when you are back home again.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Also instead of Morphine, ask for Oxycontin. (I hate Morphine ... my brain turns into Jello whenever I take it)

Already discussed that with the surgeon. I'll have a couple months of OxyContin after I'm out of hospital. My surgeon said "you're not a cheap drunk. Your opioid tolerance is very high, we'll be dosing you real good." She's right. I get a script for 10/325 vicodin and eat five or six of them at once and just barely feel anything. I'll have an adequate dosage of Oxy's for awhile. Then comes the bullshit of getting off of them and the withdrawal crap that lasts for weeks. Wish I had the money to go to a Mexico clinic and do Ibogaine for an instant detox and reset of opioid tolerance to zero baseline. But it costs around five grand. I think it would be well worth it though. I've been on an Ibogaine list for some time and researched it thoroughly. Our DEA immediately scheduled it as an outlawed drug. That was insanity in my opinion. Imagine, a root bark treatment that can instantly deliver heroin junkies to a new life in 3 days times with no withdrawal. I just may do it when it comes time to end the OxyContin usage.

Joe Diaz

Good luck man. On the bright side, the nurses won't hold it against you if you start hitting on them when you're all loopy.:thumb:

skyhigh

hope the pain is minimal & the nurses are drop dead gorgeous. Just remember, signmakers are a tougher breed than bull riders. :cool:

GypsyGraphics

Arlo, i know guys arn't big on flowers.... so grew these dude, flame, carbon fiber and diamond plate ones for ya.

wishing you all the best

xoxo, gg
Flowers4Arlo.jpg

Bly

Just remember chicks dig scars!

I just spent three months on oxycodone courtesy of a compound leg fracture.. getting off it was unpleasant.
Now I just need to wean off Tramadol lol..

Good luck.

mikey-Oh

You have achieved the distinction of being the first woman to give me flowers in all my 57 years. Loved it - deeply touched.

C'mon the rest of you ladies! ARLO WANTS FLOWERS!!!

chocolate's the only thing really missing

Last edited:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

It's 4:30am. I've been awake on the couch most of the night. I'm to be at the hospital at 5:45 - because I'm the first surgery scheduled today. That's a tip for you I've learned after 14 previous surgeries. If you ever have to have surgery, ask to be the first scheduled in the morning. Otherwise, you will lay there and wait for hours for other surgeries to finish and the OR to be cleaned in between.

Feeling strangely calmed after the massive anxiety of yesterday. It's a feeling I like to ascribe to the thought that "somebody must be praying for me". My pastor will be at the hospital to pray before the surgery, as I've had one do the previous 14 times. I'll never forget one surgeon who acted impatient and indignant with this. It was precisely his surgery that accomplished two miraculous outcomes that four subsequent doctors couldn't explain. That is why I can't walk away from my belief in God (even though I have tried hard to do so recently). I just see the evidence of his work too often when my eyes and heart are open to see it.

In just a few more hours I will have had my abdomen grievously wounded again and be hooked up to a morphine pump that can only slightly ease the pain. But I wasn't being shot at last night in Afghanistan like my nephew was who just got home yesterday after his third deployment into the worst of the fighting there where he saw several of his comrades killed right beside him. Everyone we know was praying for him constantly. I will heal from this as I have all the others.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the opportunity to give Mikey-O some sign painting lessons during my recovery at home. He's a three hour drive from me and said he's like to come down. I'll be looking forward to that during the week I'm in the hospital to motivate me to keep getting stronger. I want to take this one last opportunity to thank everyone for the well wishes (and especially GG for the flowers!). It means a lot that friends I may never meet for real still care. Signs101 is the best place I've come across since being on the internet since its inception. Catch y'all in a week or so.