• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Told I was Too High?

smdgrfx

that's $7.20 per square foot. Not bad. People routinely sell banners for $5 per square foot. Always be ready with your flame suit when talking about pricing on these forums!!

mygraphicsshop

This makes me want to start a post one day telling everyone that I'm selling wraps for $1.00 per/SF just to see what happens.

CanuckSigns

if you are going to charge by material used, than at least charge by the running foot, what happens when someone wants a 2" x 20' stripe cut, that's only 480 square inches, or $24 using your pricing method, you wouldn't even cover materials in that situation.

I would recommend sitting down and figuring out your shop rate (there are many tools online to help with this) once you have this figured out, you will know how much you need to make per hour to keep the doors open

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
if you are going to charge by material used, than at least charge by the running foot, what happens when someone wants a 2" x 20' stripe cut, that's only 480 square inches, or $24 using your pricing method, you wouldn't even cover materials in that situation.

I would recommend sitting down and figuring out your shop rate (there are many tools online to help with this) once you have this figured out, you will know how much you need to make per hour to keep the doors open

This. Always take into consideration the linear feet of material in situations like this.

if you are doing cutting only, no install, no weeding, no masking no nothing, just cut and pass with the customers materials ... I would do .05 per sq inch ... would I take that job ... no ... I will let the local flea market creton who sells chrome-ish book cover material as outside 2 year chrome vinyl do the job.

anotherdog

jeez what a mob. How many read "per square inch"?
If that is just a cutting charge and not a vinyl charge it is a little high, depends on how intricate the picking. for four foot letters it is high. for half inch letters it is looooow.

I'm more interested in the mentality of this forum to pounce on an error.
It's a legitimate question but most of the replies didn't read the original question.

More tar and feathers?

anotherdog

Before he edited it..... it said per square foot.... not inch.

I did notice that, however did it take a lot of thought to see the error?

Even if the guy meant feet, people started chewing on him.
Oh joy a mistake, fresh meat!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I did notice that, however did it take a lot of thought to see the error?

Even if the guy meant feet, people started chewing on him.
Oh joy a mistake, fresh meat
!

Nope, but I learned a long time ago, not to assume things.... and not because of the three fingers pointing back at yourself, but because there are some really cuckoo people on here and sometimes really mean the dumb stoopid stuff they write.

Not to name names, but I'm sure you can think of a few..... with some recently. Others in the far past and some...... long gone.

I many times read between the lines, but this was so off, I didn't want to take any chances. Besides, with so many lowballers out there, this actually made sense for what lack of sense there was to it. :doh:

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I'm thinking everyone here did think he was a little high when he first posted .05 per square foot.

wayne k
guam usa

CheapVehicleWrap

This makes me want to start a post one day telling everyone that I'm selling wraps for $1.00 per/SF just to see what happens.

Been there, done that. Not cheap enough.

vox.jpg

Kevin-shopVOX

I can't tell you how many times I've taken off my jeans and tshirt, and put on my business suit, and driven to the beach, gotten out a chair, and then sat and worked on my laptop right there on the spot. Signvox is SO awesome for that.
Be it your business suit or your birthday suit at least you can.

SD&F

I knew eventually it would all come around and he would get what he wanted to know from the knowledgeable group.