• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Translucent Panel Print

smksr

We have a project that requires (2) translucent faces on an LED light box. The dimensions are 64" x 67". We print using a 60" HP latex printer. We printed on translucent vinyl and adhered it to the lexan panels. Because we had to seem it, the seem has opened up in about 6 weeks. How can I provide the appropriate print with these dimensions without a seem?

Thanks,

Attachments

• staff monument.png
    staff monument.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 223

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
It depends on artwork to determine the seam. If it's all one solid color maybe you could leave 1/2" or so extra vinyl that is clear so you don't have color overlapping color.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have had this come up umpteen times. We can only go 63", but the face or panel is more. You either hafta initially design it to meet your requirements, re-think the design and change it to fit your requirements or outsource it. Generally, when you overlap vinyl to vinyl, it will hold perfectly. Coming apart as you've described, says, something else has gone wrong.

Agrees with Texas. You more than likely don't have enough overlap. You need to be careful that the color doesn't change when doing this.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I see you added a pic. That's a tough one but my gut would be to overlap right in the middle of the sign. It's not uncommon at all to have a small overlap in large signs... it just sucks yours is close to the ground. When I have to overlap, I call it out in my artwork so everyone knows before hand what to expect.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I agree with the comment above to put a black border around the edges. Or, just do this one in paint instead of a print.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wait........ is the sign pictured above the layout you are having a problem with figuring out ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
............. I POSTED ??

Why the f*ck did you post a picture that has nothing to do with your predicament ??

Ya know folks, there's another thread taking place about proper grammar, punctuation and whatnot...... and this is a good example of why people cant' do jack. If ya can't communicate, then how do you expect to be f*ckin' helped ??

rjssigns

I used to sub that stuff out. All work done second surface and will probably last longer than the business. Subs will have the polycarb on huge rolls and a paint shop.;)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Hahahaha... we're reaching new levels of idiocy here.

On the other hand now that I think of it, you could paint it second surface.

Z SIGNS

I wanna see a pic of the failed seam. How bad is it. Can we put a band aid on to hide it.
Printed solid color face always look bad.
Translucent vinyl with a properly done seam would make a nice looking sign.