• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

unrerasonablemlayout

gabagoo

customer emails me apdf file of a garbage truck with lettering superimposed over the back garbage section. The truck has from what I can tell 4" or wider ribs runiing on angles every 3 or 4 feet. ther copy is not really that big and so I sit here wondering how on earth can one make BS like that work, let alone quote it. I mean if a letter hits the majority of a side rib it wil be unreadable and dumb looking.

Maybe best to walk away from it

John L

Projector and hand paint gets you looking good from straight on, but still funky from any angle. Mounted sign is the best choice with such deep ribs.

weaselboogie

Make them the sign and have them install it so you don't have it stinkin' up your shop. Charge a lot extra to install it. You can smell a garbage truck from a block away; I can't imagine what it would be like working on it .

Techman

that is exactly what I used on an entire fleet of garbage trucks. 4x8 sheets of .04 aluminum. they bolted the panels directly to the truck using self taping screws right into those ribs.