• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what chemical removes adhesive from lexan?

artbot

butyl cellosolve works great on sensitive material. can't etch the part but turns adhesive into rolly polly rubber dots.

Mosh

Not to sound like an a$$ but, did you try the 3M adheisive remover?????
I se that stuff all the time.

John Butto

Have not seen kerosene in years, use to have a kerosene heater in my room as a kid and bought a gallon for 25 cents from a big hand crank container at the gas station.

CanuckSigns

Barry, I've never had much luck with being able to re-use old lexan after removing the vinyl, is this a cheap customer, or is there another reason for this?

gabagoo

Barry, I've never had much luck with being able to re-use old lexan after removing the vinyl, is this a cheap customer, or is there another reason for this?

Decided to toss the piece as the old graphics were a knockout and the glue is everywhere.

Gonna just buy a 4x8 piece and yes the customer is a tight %$%#...but I am doing the work for a broker so, he can pay for the new plexi lol

petrosgraphics

you can use NAPTHA..... any paint store should have it.... it will not eat into the lexan..

while you are using it, add a little motor oil to it..... slows down the evaporation....

it will take a little while, but it does work well..... to remove the oily residue after

you have cleaned it... wipe it down with just the naptha.....

inthesignbiz

We've tried them all and this is the best stuff we have ever found for removing adhesive.

Plastic razor blades are mighty handy as well.

Attachments

• 105_0618.JPG
    105_0618.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 94