• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you pay for electricity?

gabagoo

I just got up after falling on the floor with my current home power bill for 60 days. $465.00!!!! WTF

We have one of those smart metres installed (not by choice). Before this gizmo was activated I never paid more than $240 max for electricity for a 2 month period.
My first payment when the smart metre started was $365.00 and I blew a gasket at that...now this next bill.

we run our washer / dryer and dishwasher after 9 for the cheaper rate but you would be hard pressed to see any discount.

sorry had to rant, cause I gettin tired of workin to pay the man

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our electric is going up about 45% the first of the year.

We're already practicing working in the dark..... more tha usual.......... :Oops:

CheapVehicleWrap

Are these smart-meters 100% water proof? Actually in my office and new shop I haven't paid electric in 2 years. My other shop which has some heavy lighting and heavy equipment runs 300-600 mo. Also have a waste oil heater. This industrial park is slated for solar power shortly.

Browner

Wow. The province here is always telling us how good we've got it with our government owned (hydro)electric company. I never really did believe them... until now.

September's electricity cost me $49.50.

Either that, or you guys are living in mansions!

CheapVehicleWrap

Wow. The province here is always telling us how good we've got it with our government owned (hydro)electric company. I never really did believe them... until now.

September's electricity cost me $49.50.

Either that, or you guys are living in mansions!

Sir, in New Jersey that would be McMansions.

klemgraphics

Wow, I thought $200 in the coldest month of the year was bad, guess I have it better than I thought. Normal bill at the shop is $130ish and at home almost always under $100.

visualeyez

Just moved into a studio apartment till I can find something better and my first whole month electricity bill was a whopping $18.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
We're already practicing working in the dark

I've been in the dark for years...it's still expensive.

My home-based shop gets rolled into the same electric bill and usually runs $150.00. We do stone engraving and run a 5 HP air compressor daily (220V) and have an electric water heater. We heat 100% with wood.

Pro Image

Summer 250.00 to 300.00......Full shop 220 tshirt drier and heat pump on AC and all my computers printers, and ploters........

Winter 175.00ish.......Heat with Natural Gas.......runs about 100.00 a month in the coldest months.......

Not to bad for around my parts.........

anotherdog

Ha! Ontario Hydro... $1300 for two months.

Had the Air on solid over the summer and this covers the business too, but I almost fell off my chair. And they are saying at least another 20% hike next year.

I'm getting a roland solar powered printer

SignManiac

I average over $500 a month year round. But that's house, shop with router table and flatbeds and six computers running all the time. It's a lot but I guess I'm getting my money's worth.

If I was younger I would definitely look into a solar solution living here in Florida. But I don't see myself staying here forever so nix on that idea.

SAS

10 years ago around $200 for a 2000 sq. ft. building now $450 - $600
The city needs money and to get it our storm water run off fee went from $4.00 to $20.00 a mo. and everything else has doubled or more.
At the rate things are going up 5 more years I will be paying $1000 a mo.

letterman7

Our electric is going up about 45% the first of the year.

We're already practicing working in the dark..... more tha usual.......... :Oops:

PECO's already been sliding their rates up, Gino. Haven't you seen the slow increase this past year? Of course, when the cap comes off in January, all bets are off. The local paper had an article today with a quote from the energy rep saying it will only be about 5%.... yeah, right!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
wow, you guys pay alot.

my shop is around $85/mo, my house is $125-$135 summer and chrismas time( gotta put lights out) and around $90 the rest of the year

i have a gas dryer but electric range at home and a dehumidifier that runs 24/7 in the basement.

Letterbox Mike

We average about $700/mo here at the shop.

Has anybody added a solar system to their shop to help cut down on utility bills? I've been kicking the idea around but it's really hard to get an idea just how much you'll actually save, so it's hard to calculate the ROI, if any...