• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What to charge???????

jokingscroll

I was wanting to see what people are charging per SQFT for mounting?
gator,sintra,foam,aluminum composite,acrylic?

I also wanted to know what people charging for laminating. This can be wholesale or retail prices.

Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I mounted a gator one night after drinking wa-a-ay too much. I was on vacation, down in Florida. That son-of-a-b!tch tried to bite my head off..... and I ain't talking the one-eyed monster.

Okay..... what do you really mean by mounting all those substrates ??
Are you mounting a digital print to a piece of gator, sintra or one of the others ??
It takes about a minute and a half to do if it's a 4' x 8'. Next to nothing.

I don't know where saucerland is, but ya need to know what your local area can get for doing whatever it is you wanna do. Then figure out if that meets your shop costs of doing business, in case you need to figure higher or lower.

jokingscroll

Foam 3sqft
Gator 4.40 sqft
Sintra 4sqft
Composite 4.40
acrylic????
Laminating 2.75 for pretty much any type of laminate no cast

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I still don't get it. What are you mounting to these various substrates ??

Do you want the square foot price of these different substrates or what ??

I'm totally baffled and that takes a lot for me to even not know what we're talking about with so many varying factors on the table. :doh:

phototec

Attachments

• show me yours, and I'll show you mine.jpg
    show me yours, and I'll show you mine.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 149

Joe Diaz

Jokingscroll,
How did you come to your prices? For example what factors were used to calculate how much you should charge, like your costs or overhead, etc... ?
Are you able to sell your products and services at those prices and still stay busy and make a profit/living?
How is knowing what others are charging going to effect your prices?
Just curious.

jokingscroll

I wanted to compare my price to everyone else to know where I am at. Knowing other people's prices lets you stay competitive. Prices were determined by cost of material and time.

Joe Diaz

I wanted to compare my price to everyone else to know where I am at. Knowing other people's prices lets you stay competitive. Prices were determined by cost of material and time.

How do you calculate how much your time costs? What happens if you are a 15+ man shop that has a much higher overhead, and someone here on the internet that makes signs out of their garage tells you they have lower prices, would you change yours to stay competitive?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Knowing other people's prices lets you stay competitive.

There are many effective ways of remaining competetive, and price is only one element. This is where many newbies utterly fail.

Without doing a competetive analysis, it's impossible to know exactly where you stand.

JB

jokingscroll

I wouldn't change my prices unless I thought it was necessary as for cost of time the sqft price has that factored in it for a certain minimum. After the qty surpasses the minimum the price will be determined by cost of material and time. The price will go down after all of that is factored in.
Oh and I don't make signs in a garage.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Alright, I still can't get a handle on what you're doing, but use the search button and look for Fred's breakdown on pricing. It is probably the single best thing this place has ever seen or heard about pricing structure and how to go about it.

jokingscroll

to be honest I dont factor that in. Just because we have not changed our overhead and our primary work pays for our current overhead