• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Woo Hoo! Economy is recovering!

Pat Whatley

FedEx showed up and had damn fine gifts from TWO of my suppliers! Yesterday I got a Visa gift card from a customer I've jumped through hoops for all year long and another customer dropped off homemade cookies last week.

Considering I haven't gotten as much as a Christmas card in the two years previous I'm calling this a good thing. If companies are getting to the end of the year and have enough left over for corporate gifts again then next year should be a damn fine year!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I think it's getting better.... much better. In fact, I'm going out to buy a special Chrsitmas Shirt for our party on Saturday......... Anybody from here coming ?? Everyone's invited.

S

Stan B

Yeah... Got a "Thank you" postcard from a vendor today, printed by vista print (our main competitor)... Nice.....

Techman

I just did about 15k of mail outs and inserts in the local paper and a few other goodies
Lets see what the results and response will be.

Dave Drane

In Aus. the economy is the worst I have ever seen it. I am not keeping my head above water and rapidly losing my savings on my business. After Christmas I may have to close after 34 years in biz on my own and after 54 years of my father's business. Governments suck full time! There are more empty shops in my town than what are occupied.

I never get much from my customers :-( but I send something out every year to my better customers. Usually cookies or a wine basket or something. For the smaller scale customers I send out a card.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Ever since I raised prices in the shop ... I've been getting tips from customers after I finish their jobs. I almost have enough for that 55" tv now after 6 months of saving tips that I don't spend on stuff like lunch and coffee. Oddest thing ever.

Other than that, had a sales rep about 6 months ago bring me in nice shop stools like http://amzn.to/tprfQZ only no checker pattern, just his companies logo ... good stuff.

Definitely improving.

MikePro

I update dates on banners for a church, annually, at no charge...
and every year we get a thankyou card and... COOKIES! Business is GOOD!

Picture 72.jpg

Circleville Signs

I'm 100% thrilled that things are going well for so many...

But here in Central Ohio, it's deader than dead. Last month we were in the red, and so far this month we are about 40% behind the pace of where we were last year for December, and about 25% off of where we were last year.

TheSnowman

I haven't gotten anything yet...but I'm defiantly not feeling the money crunch I was as bad at this time last year. Not sure what's different. My accountant told me to go spend some money on equipment this year because I need to, so something was better.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Ever since I raised prices in the shop ... I've been getting tips from customers after I finish their jobs. I almost have enough for that 55" tv now after 6 months of saving tips that I don't spend on stuff like lunch and coffee. Oddest thing ever.

Other than that, had a sales rep about 6 months ago bring me in nice shop stools like http://amzn.to/tprfQZ only no checker pattern, just his companies logo ... good stuff.

Definitely improving.

This makes sense to me. Higher prices = happy sign guy that smiles and goes the extra mile = TIPS!