• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you trace as is or clean up

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I have already done this job but if you were to receive this file would you trace as is or clean up?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 8.55.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 8.55.23 AM.png
    56 KB · Views: 647

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Is that a duck flying off holding a rat by the tail in its beak?
I'd redraw it.

2B

I would clean it up.

Why are you asking?
Did the customer want an EXACT trace with the pixelation and unhappy with it being cleaned up?

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
For anyone that wonders why I ask questions with many orders... yes they wanted it traced AS IS with all imperfections. I offered to make nice waves and a smooth perfect arc for the sun but they insisted that I trace it as shown.

Had I made the assumption they wanted this cleaned up then it would have been wrong.

I have lost a few customers over the years because they said I asked too many questions!!!?

Johnny Best

So you lost customers for asking to many questions and now you ask us a question to clean it up or trace it when you already had the answer!

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
So you lost customers for asking to many questions and now you ask us a question to clean it up or trace it when you already had the answer!

I am trying to make a point. Showing how everyone has different expectations and why asking questions is important. Many of my customers send me art with NO instructions at all other than trace. Not an issue with clean art but something like this does require communication

Johnny Best

I remember as a kid and a teacher telling us that no question is bad if you do not know the answer. So in your case with customers, your questions lead you to the answers.
Now that I know you were trying to teach us something, point taken.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Here is another from a while back. Intentionally pixelated. They did not want it cleaned up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 3.01.16 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 3.01.16 PM.png
    120.1 KB · Views: 439
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 3.01.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-03 at 3.01.05 PM.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 419

TammieH

I have learned to keep my mouth shut with customer art, its amazing what they can be proud of...perhaps one of their kids designed in 7th grade or something

thesignpost

Do it as is, send artwork approval. I had a customer that wanted a poster printed of a picture he took of his kid playing flag football. The kid was completely blurry but the background was crisp. I sent over a proof, he loved it, he paid for it, I printed it, he loved it.