• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A sign related food subject......................................................................................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Any steak sandwich you get within 50 miles of philly, is great. There are some shops that can f*ck it up, but that's rare. Those are usually places that don't know any better. A cheesesteak in my opinion is better with provolone or american, not that whiz jizz. Normally, it comes with a sauce, but it's not ketchup, its close to like a marinara sauce. The cheese is melted in while the onions and steak is getting grilled. Then, all dumped on the roll and if ya want peppers or other things, ya can do that, but I prefer, just the steak and cheese. I normally don't even put hot peppers on this baby.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So, get a plastic ink bottle, cut off the top, pour the soup in and nuke it. Ink might add some extra flavor.

You won't need any lipstick fo a few days..........................

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
What irks me the most, I just bought that bowl yesterday at the dollar store. It's still in the dishwasher.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seriously, why don't you have a whole arsenal of eating utensils, glasses, bowls, plates and whatnot already at work ?? I have a toaster, 2 microwaves, 2 toaster ovens, can openers, refrigerator, shelves and cabinets with just about anything you'd need for preparing any kinda food. Popsicles, frozen hotdogs, rolls and mini pizzas in the freezer. A case of soda, gatorade, condiments and jugs of well water. C'mon man..... get your sh!t together.

Boudica

Seriously, why don't you have a whole arsenal of eating utensils, glasses, bowls, plates and whatnot already at work ?? I have a toaster, 2 microwaves, 2 toaster ovens, can openers, refrigerator, shelves and cabinets with just about anything you'd need for preparing any kinda food. Popsicles, frozen hotdogs, rolls and mini pizzas in the freezer. A case of soda, gatorade, condiments and jugs of well water. C'mon man..... get your sh!t together.
I have a soup mug, but it's not quite big enough for a whole can. I also had a small plate, a fork and a spoon. My plate and the fork disappeared. I was going to go to the thrift store to replenish my arsenal this weekend, but I ended up at the dollar store instead - getting some halloween fun with my kiddo. So I got a nice big bowl for my soup, to bring to work and leave it here. I just have to get it here first.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You have too much on your mind. Slow down, take a deep breath and make a list of things. It used to be ya made lists after ya hit 60 or 70. I think it's needed in most people by age..... oh, about 25.

ikarasu

Took the day off and took the wife out for lunch today.

Pub by our place makes yummy food for cheap... Baseball steak!
20221017_124915.jpg

jochwat

Graphics Department
Would have liked to try the brisket.:p. As far as fire control goes I call it the "damper dance". I'm getting much better and improving with each cook. I've found how I load the Akorn and how much of the lump I light and where determines how much control I have. Last low and slow I did was a pork butt using applewood chunks for smoke. Had it ticking over for 10 hours at 225-250. Then it started climbing once the applewood hunks lit off. Hit 300 but that was it. Didn't care since I was taking it off, wrapping and putting in the cooler to rest.

Still haven't experimented. too much with the "Texas crutch". Lots of opinions yet nothing solid. Paper or foil? Add things to the crutch like tallow or butter?
Then there's the folks that swear by the "boat".
Lots of things to try. On a warm summer night I like sitting outside with the Akorn and a whiskey. Just watch the world go by and make the neighbors drool.
Here's what I learned (or at least, what seems to have happened to me):

The more videos I watch that give all these wonderful new methods and theories, the worse my cooks become. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention or doing something wrong, or maybe it's impatience, I dunno, but I did so much better with a couple of Internet tips many years ago and then just applying my own tastes and ideas, than I did watching all these YouTube professionals over the past year. I might have broken myself. Not sure. What I can say is that, I'll never just do a salt-and-pepper-only rub again, for ANYthing. And I'll stick with the pink butcher paper, that seemed to work well, as did holding it in the cooler (when necessary). Oh! And I will never... NEVER... trim down a full packer brisket ever ever ever again. Maybe the brownish edges that come from the cryovac bag, but that's it. I've had much better, and more flavorful, and received more compliments, when I made a brisket that I pretty much seasoned with my own rub blend, and chucked into the smoker. I have a feeling people are overcomplicating the process in order to have enough content for their YouTube channels, leaving me with the worst brisket I've ever made, and half a tub of beef tallow in my cupboard. At least it's kinda nice to fry eggs in.

I think it's best to keep it simple and make it your own. Next time I spend the money on a brisket, it'll go in untrimmed, with a spicy-and-sweet-and-savory rub heavy that's heavy on garlic, at the standard 225 degrees, for however long it takes, wrapped when appropriate, and rested/held at temp as needed. And if I can find it, I'd actually love to just make the point and have fatty, delicious brisket sandwiches. I find the flat to be awful. Just my preference. I'd make two points over a full packer every time if I could! I need to stop typing. Getting way too hungry here.

rjssigns

Here's what I learned (or at least, what seems to have happened to me):

The more videos I watch that give all these wonderful new methods and theories, the worse my cooks become. Maybe I'm not paying enough attention or doing something wrong, or maybe it's impatience, I dunno, but I did so much better with a couple of Internet tips many years ago and then just applying my own tastes and ideas, than I did watching all these YouTube professionals over the past year. I might have broken myself. Not sure. What I can say is that, I'll never just do a salt-and-pepper-only rub again, for ANYthing. And I'll stick with the pink butcher paper, that seemed to work well, as did holding it in the cooler (when necessary). Oh! And I will never... NEVER... trim down a full packer brisket ever ever ever again. Maybe the brownish edges that come from the cryovac bag, but that's it. I've had much better, and more flavorful, and received more compliments, when I made a brisket that I pretty much seasoned with my own rub blend, and chucked into the smoker. I have a feeling people are overcomplicating the process in order to have enough content for their YouTube channels, leaving me with the worst brisket I've ever made, and half a tub of beef tallow in my cupboard. At least it's kinda nice to fry eggs in.

I think it's best to keep it simple and make it your own. Next time I spend the money on a brisket, it'll go in untrimmed, with a spicy-and-sweet-and-savory rub heavy that's heavy on garlic, at the standard 225 degrees, for however long it takes, wrapped when appropriate, and rested/held at temp as needed. And if I can find it, I'd actually love to just make the point and have fatty, delicious brisket sandwiches. I find the flat to be awful. Just my preference. I'd make two points over a full packer every time if I could! I need to stop typing. Getting way too hungry here.
Ya know I agree with you. Kinda like drag racing. You can take all the advice in the world but you still have to run your own program in your lane.

I'm developing my own chipotle brown sugar rub and the few cooks I've done with it have turned out great.
Low and slow, wrap, rest in the cooler, shred then eat till you can't move.:p

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
My first job was when I was 14 I worked at a BBQ restaurant where my dad was the manager. There is NOTHING better than opening the smoker and eating a dripping fat beef brisket after it's been cooking all night. Their secrete sauce was Cattleman's and they would add some spices to it... but mostly Cattleman's.

Boudica

My first job was when I was 14 I worked at a BBQ restaurant where my dad was the manager. There is NOTHING better than opening the smoker and eating a dripping fat beef brisket after it's been cooking all night. Their secrete sauce was Cattleman's and they would add some spices to it... but mostly Cattleman's.
1666121642541.png

Stacey K

I like making signs
Family favorite, chicken fajitas. This year I had so many peppers that I was able to freeze about 20 gallon bags of sliced red, yellow and green peppers. Perfect for this dish, one gallon bag of frozen peppers, just add chicken, onion and seasoning. Side of rice and beans and a little sour cream, delicious!

312027997_803703144020645_8145188090099580884_n.jpg

rjssigns

Family favorite, chicken fajitas. This year I had so many peppers that I was able to freeze about 20 gallon bags of sliced red, yellow and green peppers. Perfect for this dish, one gallon bag of frozen peppers, just add chicken, onion and seasoning. Side of rice and beans and a little sour cream, delicious!

View attachment 162130
Yum, I loves me some fajitas. New plancha was delivered yesterday.(22x16 two burner griddle). Once I get it seasoned making fajitas will be on the "to do" list.

jochwat

Graphics Department

View attachment 162130
Looks great! But do something to that tortilla, willya? I grew up on the southeast side of Chicago, and we trow 'em right on the stovetop burner.