• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black overspray...why?

technowolf

Hi guys
having trouble with overspray, but seems only on the black head
anyone knows why?
thanks
running sp-300

Attachments

• 01182012045.jpg
    01182012045.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 718

MikePro

my argument against the static theories is always why would it be isolated within a single head?
better question is, how old is your printhead?

have you tried a long soak and/or an ink line/head flush?

noted: posted this in another thread, but a good heavy cleaning has fixed it or me in the past. Overnight soak followed by a line/head flush made my day when I started printing right again!

Last edited:

anotherdog

what does your test print pattern look like?

I'm doubting the static too on just one head, but check your humidity.

Did you do a visual check of the heads and the path they travel (no little bits of tape sticking up). Did you do a manual cleaning?

J

john1

Had this on black only a few weeks ago and a fresh cleaning fixed it up.

sfr table hockey

wipe the media down with some isopropal and re print. If its gone it was static.

I have at times had just black show the static as there must have been a heavier spray for the black I used and just enough difference to show on black only.

Or try another media as some tend to be worse for static and in the winter you will see more issues.

technowolf

ok just got in ... im running late this morning :)

yes the black test print is bad but has been like that for a while... I will look under at the head...

JTpro

Cyan overspray Mimaki JV-160S

Ive been reading multiple threads about this issue. I see static would be an issue, but like most wouldn't static effect more than just one color?

I'm running triangle bulk ink and I've noticed that since the day I bought it there was the overspray issue. I bought it used 9 months ago and have been able to combat the issue with a black outline around blue text/graphics. It's time though to address And fix the issue.

If the head is going bad should there be overspray with the test pattern print as well?

I don't fully understand the damper switch to see if the ovapray continues to another head.

Thanks

artbot

damper swap isn't for that. damper swap is for isolating ink starvation.

one thing to consider is if the overspray is, when rip related, due to running variable dot vs. non-variable. i've been having overspray issues for the last six months. it's really not an issue in that i print 360x360 1 pass NV about 90% of the time.

does is seem though that lately there's been an increase in overspray issues with dx4? or am i paranoid? my overspray issues come and go but are across all heads here and there. it's a very very fine whispy mist off the left side of the print.

tasos5102

Hi guys
having trouble with overspray, but seems only on the black head
anyone knows why?
thanks
running sp-300
hey there, i hope you already solve the issue
anyway for become things better after i done a nice and genteel cleaning to encoder scale tape plus a wipe to surface is going to print on with the use of one anti-static cleaning solution .
My print head for sure need to replace , but for the time i have not the money, so i try to minimize the issue effect..

for sure you have to run all automatic print tests & calibrate very carefully as the screen says to you..

good luck