• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Church Logo

TommyFastLane

Here is my first attempt at creating our church logo. I know you may be saying that does not have any indication of a church whatsoever! the reason is that our church is very contemporary to the point of being anti-traditional. We play Christian rap music on Sunday morning for example. The interior of our building is modern with burnt orange, purple, and lime green among other colors. I know my Pastor had rejected a few other designs before and is very particular about what he doesnt want, ie. steeples, etc. I havent shown this yet but i have a feeling they will like it. I wanted a "G" that was an arrow making a turnaround. How can i make it more church appropriate without going too far?

Attachments

• Global Logo.jpg
    Global Logo.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 180

TommyFastLane

What churches can't sell religion any more. Ours here call themselves something or others for peace. Weird Times.

If an organization has something of value to offer it deserves to be marketed. Same as any other. Church Marketing needs to raise the bar if you ask me. A church's priority should always be to promote its self. Same as any other business.

SignManiac

I see the same thing happening here in this area. It's getting pretty ridiculous. Put a hoodie on the logo to cap it off.

Marlene

well, it doesn't look like a church and if that is what they are going for, it should work. If you had just posted this and asked what kind of business do you think this logo is for I would say a shipping/trucking company. I can see this on the side of an 18 wheeler. the logo itself is pretty good but it just doesn't seem right for the job. you know what would work better than I would when it comes to the church as you are a member, but will new people get it?

dweinmann

I agree with Marlene. It is sending out a sort of 'shipping' or 'trucking' feel. I like the circled G, but the words, using the impact font, are just too boring. It doesn't have any character.

The circled G does have character; I like that its an italicized letter and that the outline of it goes to the edge of the background circle. And you've added more interest to the circle with a simple shading effect.

I'm not much of a religious person and most of the designs I've worked up for churches have been turned down, even though I felt I put they were quite interesting to look at. So . . . I may not be the best person to give advice on this one.

My suggestion is to get away from the impact font. Choose something that is more interesting to look at. Obviously you want it to represent your church, so maybe this is the correct font. Not sure if you have any font software that will allow you to view many fonts at once, but Typograph is a good choice. This will allow you to input your church name and be able to view this in all of the fonts loaded on your machine, 10 at a time or so. Page down to view the next ten, etc.

But if you do desire to use impact, give it some depth or something. Maybe bevel the edges or add some shadowing effect. Good work on the circled 'G' image!!!

Jillbeans

Just because your pastor knows it's a church and your congregation knows it's a church doesn't mean your community knows it's a church.
I really feel you should add the word "church" somewhere rather than religious symbols.

And please don't tell me you used the Impact font because of the church's name.
:)
What I see in your example is a moving company, probably vecause of the word "Global".

Here's a quickie suggestion, I really didn't want to add orange but you said there is a lot of it in the church.
I like the arrow/G thing and think it has potential.
Love....Jill
PS
You could always just add a pic of Satan with a Ghostbuster's slashed circle over him.
:)

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 147

Marlene

And please don't tell me you used the Impact font because of the church's name.

funny you said that as I get a ton of designs for "designers" and if the company name has a name that matches a font's name, almost 100% of the time, they used that font

GoodPeopleFlags

I think you should totally go with an image of the earth (globe) with a meteor "impact"ing it! Ha! Just kidding! Couldn't resist. Unfortunately I have nothing productive to say.

SignManiac

Since the emphasis is running and marketing it more like a business, I'd keep it very corporate looking.

Attachments

• Global Impact.jpg
    Global Impact.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 122

SlightlyChilled

I pass buy a church on my way home each day and the sign sucked. They just got a new clean sign I will have to get a pic. I like it do to the fact they have no cross no stars no bibles not that I don't like god I just like the clean lines of it. I think it does say church on it.

SlightlyChilled

I know this is not the best design. But maybe it can help some how start a another idea to grow from. Sorry about the G didn't have time to find it.

Attachments

• Church.jpg
    Church.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 131

OldPaint

sorry but it sounds & looks more like a infomercial production company that advertises on TV after 3 AM!!!!!!!!!!
my wife is a memeber of UNITY church, and they are pretty progressive thinking, but their public image still says.........church.